Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

Except this is a game and we all spend time on it to have fun not to experience the element of online trolling that people can't seem to let go.

I have fun at others misfortune caused by myself in online games, have done sine the Ultima Online days :)

This is like an argument from forums of yester year, I'm so pleased that people are still aggrieved by a lack of morality in online games. I thought this had all but died out but I will go forth with a new sense of purpose in my greifing.

If you expect E-Honor and organised battles when your online stay on your PVE servers. This is a sandbox game and on a PVP server anything goes, sometimes you wake up as a backpack and everything being gone, sometimes you don't, a lot of games are like this its nothing new.
Ark survival makes room for people who would rather have more consensual pvp by having PVE servers so have at it but don't complain when your on a full on pvp server that your beloved dinos and wood shack are gone the next morning.

You would struggle with the concept of real survival. Just because you are asleep or unprepared wouldn't stop other people from looting and destroying your stuff in the real world.

It's a game mechanic that the whole concept of these kinds of games are built around.

Sounds like this kind of game might not be for you...

Edit: Also could it not be people playing in different time zones on your server? so they might not be "staying up late" just to grief you.

Thats a pathetic excuse for justifying their playground bully attitude.
Its NOT the real world, and if it was, then you wouldnt 'log off' and be completely unaware of whats going on in your surroundings for 12-18hrs or whatever. You get robbed in real life, but even those lowlifes dont go in, loot the house, kill everyone in it and then burn the house to the ground.

Until this incident, the server had managed to maintain a peaceful attitude, there was nobody stooping to these tactics, waiting till the server was empty and then, and ONLY THEN, doing the very things they didnt dare do when people were online and able to defend themselves.

If people decide they're going to take a completely different attitude to the one being maintained on the server, in order to ruin the game and the time everyone has spent playing it, then thats pathetic, and so is anyone attempting to justify someone playing the game differently than everyone else on the server.

And no, they're not on a different timezone, they're just pathetic little cowards looking to ruin the game for everyone else on the server through their selfish cowardly actions. Others can stick around, get retaliation, and in turn change the server from a peaceful server where looting and retaliation for kills was happening without issues, but when it turns into all out war and annihilation... its just not fun IMO, it certainly isnt how things were the first 3wk, otherwise we could have wiped everyone out weeks ago, and im sure others could have shortly after too.

Its NOT the real world, and if it was, then you wouldnt 'log off' and be completely unaware of whats going on in your surroundings for 12-18hrs or whatever. You get robbed in real life, but even those lowlifes dont go in, loot the house, kill everyone in it and then burn the house to the ground.

Until this incident, the server had managed to maintain a peaceful attitude, there was nobody stooping to these tactics, waiting till the server was empty and then, and ONLY THEN, doing the very things they didnt dare do when people were online and able to defend themselves.

If people decide they're going to take a completely different attitude to the one being maintained on the server, in order to ruin the game and the time everyone has spent playing it, then thats pathetic, and so is anyone attempting to justify someone playing the game differently than everyone else on the server.

And no, they're not on a different timezone, they're just pathetic little cowards looking to ruin the game for everyone else on the server through their selfish cowardly actions. Others can stick around, get retaliation, and in turn change the server from a peaceful server where looting and retaliation for kills was happening without issues, but when it turns into all out war and annihilation... its just not fun IMO, it certainly isnt how things were the first 3wk, otherwise we could have wiped everyone out weeks ago, and im sure others could have shortly after too.

Take a step back from the keyboard.

Breathe.

Read what you have written - This part is important.

Realise how silly and rage filled you sound over a PVP game with a griefing mechanic built in.

And then move to a PVE server or stop crying.

Same here. What is the learning curve like? Ive played the likes of 7D2D/A2 EPOCH/SA. I think the only thing that would hold me back is having no body to play or group with :(

I got a refund on this day 1 as I wasn't happy at the time with hte performance compared to all the advertising/youtube stuff I had seen and a friend of mine has been pestering me to get it again since.

Today he comes to me that he has spent 50+ hours building a base for the admins of the server he was on to have destroyed every single piece of it while no one else was online.

I can't see me bothering with this, griefing like that is really not what I would ever class as fun.

Whats the point of spending hours building stuff when you can lose everything through no fault of your own and zero possibility of defending?

The equivalent situation in other mmos e.g. WoW, LOTR, ESO, is your character getting ganked and stripped of everything when you're offline...

Which makes zero sense lol but hey ive not played this game. :D

Even Ultima Online did not have as harsh a pvp mechanic as what is being described lol

Whats the point of spending hours building stuff when you can lose everything through no fault of your own and zero possibility of defending?

Be part of a bigger team / learn how to build better?

Several ways to build which make it much harder to be raided.

IMHO being raided whilst the whole tribe is offline sucks, however its part of the game, if you have a good tribe its easy enough to rebuild (even a big base, which we have).

OKAY

I'm gonna clear some stuff up here.

I'm the leader of the clan that raided you overnight, Tyrannosaurus Rekt.

Honestly, I'm amazed that you're whining this hard. You guys didn't have any problem attacking level 20 somethings with a wooden crappy little base with a T-Rex to "test it out", and I mean you as in Puzzle.

We were mostly offline at the time, as you were when we raided you (I think there were 2 of us on at the time when you destroyed our base, and 1 of you online when we destroyed yours).

We asked why you did it, and your guys said "to test out our t-rex"

You literally ****ed the entire thing we'd built, and while looking back on it now it really wasn't all that much, it was all we had. Not to mention you'd killed pets we'd tamed that day, a Trike, a Scorpion and a few other small dino's.

While we complained about it in chat, we knew it could happen so we figured fine, we'll just pack up and move, so we did.

We scouted out your bases, and decided we'd get strong and repay the favour.

I'm genuinely amazed that you all rage quit, I thought you guys would build up your strength and we'd have some sort of dramatic ingame battle. We did to you what you did to us. Sure, you lost a lot more, but what did you expect? You ****ed up someone elses base and didn't expect retribution?

OKAY

I'm gonna clear some stuff up here.

I'm the leader of the clan that raided you overnight, Tyrannosaurus Rekt.

Honestly, I'm amazed that you're whining this hard. You guys didn't have any problem attacking level 20 somethings with a wooden crappy little base with a T-Rex to "test it out", and I mean you as in Puzzle.

We were mostly offline at the time, as you were when we raided you (I think there were 2 of us on at the time when you destroyed our base, and 1 of you online when we destroyed yours).

We asked why you did it, and your guys said "to test out our t-rex"

You literally ****ed the entire thing we'd built, and while looking back on it now it really wasn't all that much, it was all we had. Not to mention you'd killed pets we'd tamed that day, a Trike, a Scorpion and a few other small dino's.

While we complained about it in chat, we knew it could happen so we figured fine, we'll just pack up and move, so we did.

We scouted out your bases, and decided we'd get strong and repay the favour.

I'm genuinely amazed that you all rage quit, I thought you guys would build up your strength and we'd have some sort of dramatic ingame battle. We did to you what you did to us. Sure, you lost a lot more, but what did you expect? You ****ed up someone elses base and didn't expect retribution?

If the above is true than I feel all my bashing of PaulC2K was just.

What a moron for moaning about a PVP mechanic when he has been doing the same things to others himself. :D

Back
Top Bottom