Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

Anyone here play in a group on horrorwood's server that wouldn't mind me joining? ideally that go on TS together? My current group are only interested in taming dinosaurs which gets pretty boring pretty quickly when it's the ONLY thing they do. I want to build a cool base, gather resources up and then start the taming with a some preparation rather than trying to tame everything that moves for 4 hours straight :p

We do a healthy mixture of both. I typically find myself being the main person going and getting a lot of the building materials, while others go off taming animals, hunting and racking up XP etc, but they tend to get a lot of the higher end stuff like diving for pearls, metal (not that its hard) and whatnot. I tend to go plough trees & bushes.

I'd have no issue, and we're on TS if we're in the game, the only downside is that i think we're getting to the point where there isnt really much left. We've tamed everything, built a decent sized base and we're all over lv60 (the 4 of us playing day after day). We've only done 2 caves, but thats pretty much whats left. Theres little point in doing metal bases as its not needed on there as people are friendly, but i think the only thing we dont have is the top tier weapons and theres simply no need for them. The last couple of days have involved taming animals where we've not been around to unlock them in the dossier. We'll definitely be doing the other caves and the broodmother, but im not sure whether we'd be playing after the weekend.

I'd still like to do stuff, and i'll definitely be coming back later on. I still wouldnt mind trying stuff with building, like making a solid base in the ocean for holding sharks, but i suspect the others will be spending less & less time playing. They're already playing other stuff 50/50.

I've done everything you said, I had a huge metal base, I had a huge metal dino pen we was so far ahead of everyone else on our server. When you get to that point the games boring. I had brontos/t'rex'carnos/sarcos/argents you name it.

Its a grind to max level and to farm for the materials after you get that **** its meh.

Kind of feeling the same to be honest. Although we haven't done the caves yet so we are still behind.

There was a request to turn the difficulty up a bit, what do you guys think?

yeah, that might help somewhat, personally i think the tamed dinos are way too powerful vs their wild counterparts. You can go toe to toe with multiple t-rexs with a carno (and almost certainly lower) without batting an eyelid.

That said, IMO thats something the dev's should be addressing, and at least if its there in the patch notes everyone knows the score, or should do, before they go fight a rex with a raptor and get ripped to shreds, which is what really should happen.

I was hoping that the wildlife would be more of a threat, but really once you've got to the mounted raptor stage, you're pretty safe. you just attack, retreat for stamina, then go back in (assuming you cant kill it outright anyway).

Apparently overnight everyone got raided.
Rather than just getting in, looting it, and clearing off, they've destroyed absolutely everything of our buildings, killed all the pets & characters.

So thats me done with the game for the next 3-6mo. I wanted to go do a couple of the caves, but clearly someone got bored and decided they'd be a collection of 4 lettered words, and ruin everyone elses game cos they're done with it.

uggh, and on top of that, i went back to digitise the character to give me the option to come back with it later on, and now it looks like i wont be able to return to the same server with it, because that option is disabled on the server :(

Is that the case with all official servers? personally i wish we could have say 5 online character slots and move between servers freely, and unofficial servers could allow online & offline movement if they wanted.

Today just gets better & better.

Apparently overnight everyone got raided.
Rather than just getting in, looting it, and clearing off, they've destroyed absolutely everything of our buildings, killed all the pets & characters.

So thats me done with the game for the next 3-6mo. I wanted to go do a couple of the caves, but clearly someone got bored and decided they'd be a collection of 4 lettered words, and ruin everyone elses game cos they're done with it.

Sorry, wanted to test out our T-Rex's

Mr.Pinchy sends his regards

What's up with the server at the moment? Seems to be up and down like a whores draws!

Server seems to be restarting itself every 5-10minutes since the 177.2 update went on (well, it was doing that prior to the update but i presume that was the update being installed?)

Last edited:
uggh, and on top of that, i went back to digitise the character to give me the option to come back with it later on, and now it looks like i wont be able to return to the same server with it, because that option is disabled on the server :(

Is that the case with all official servers? personally i wish we could have say 5 online character slots and move between servers freely, and unofficial servers could allow online & offline movement if they wanted.

Today just gets better & better.

We disabled character downloads because you can just open a private server, force tame stuff, level up as much as you like and then just transfer to a public server. It made no sense to leave it on :(

What's up with the server at the moment? Seems to be up and down like a whores draws!

Server seems to be restarting itself every 5-10minutes since the 177.2 update went on (well, it was doing that prior to the update but i presume that was the update being installed?)

Sorry I am honestly not sure what was wrong with it last night, restarted it and it seems OK, but some are reporting being asked for a password :confused:

But luckily it seems they are concentrating on server issues this week:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

guys, I'm on a random server, just started playing it proper two days ago and have not been able to put it down yet. Such an addictive game, but playing with randoms its a bit meh. I'm only lvl13 and loving getting my home up to scratch and killing raiders, but need something more. What server do you chaps play on? have we an OCUK Tribe? Can I transfer my character to your server etc?

We disabled character downloads because you can just open a private server, force tame stuff, level up as much as you like and then just transfer to a public server. It made no sense to leave it on :(

Sorry I am honestly not sure what was wrong with it last night, restarted it and it seems OK, but some are reporting being asked for a password :confused:

But luckily it seems they are concentrating on server issues this week:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/
Yea the password appeared on the in game server browser last night after one of the random restarts. Seem to be able to join fine via the steam server browser though without being asked for password.

guys, I'm on a random server, just started playing it proper two days ago and have not been able to put it down yet. Such an addictive game, but playing with randoms its a bit meh. I'm only lvl13 and loving getting my home up to scratch and killing raiders, but need something more. What server do you chaps play on? have we an OCUK Tribe? Can I transfer my character to your server etc?

anyone?????

Back
Top Bottom