***ArmA 3 Thread***

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I really hope they put proper physics on the bodies, it always made me cringe when an explosion went off next to infantry they'd go into a normal "death animation 1" and go rigid, even when they were blasted through the air. Just simple ragdoll would be great!

Soldato
I was not happy with Arma 2 for stupid reasons. I will be giving this a shot though.

Hopefully wont sell it within the first week again.

The graphics are sure to be immense if nothing else.

Wonder if the British forces will be in it?

I should hope so. I don't see why not as they've already done the hard work for them. Might as well put them in the new game too.

Soldato
I was not happy with Arma 2 for stupid reasons. I will be giving this a shot though.

Hopefully wont sell it within the first week again.

The graphics are sure to be immense if nothing else.

What reasons? If you don't like A2 doubt you'll like 3, every iteration of the game plays pretty much the same. Which is good for me.
Although from current screens not much has changed gfx wise. (yet).

Last edited:
Soldato
What reasons? If you don't like A2 doubt you'll like 3, every iteration of the game plays pretty much the same. Which is good for me.
Although from current screens not much has changed gfx wise. (yet).

It was the movement, controls, and the whole menu interface that just turned me off from the word go.

Yes, perhaps I should have given it more of a chance. Especially as it seems like my perfect game. But to be honest, I expect the basics to be done to standard when I pay £30 for a game.

Maybe I was just too used to everything just working perfectly (COD) :)

I remember it being quite annoying and difficuilt to change a control to a preferred key. I also remember not being able to jump, or find it in the controls menu (Can you jump on Arma?). And ofcourse, the muzzle flash.

Yes, I was fussy :p, but I am willing to give it another go, and perhaps apply a little more effort into liking it.

Last edited:
Soldato
You cannot jump on Arma. It is a milsim not an arcade game, this mistake is deliberate lol

You can just about prone dive I think

R0xVm.jpg

They just update the game engine mostly I think, its down to mods to alter gameplay that much.
BF3 is going to be much better instant action hopefully mostly Im hoping PR mod for arma comes out soon and it turns the game into more accessible tactical gaming like it did for bf2

Soldato
It was the movement, controls, and the whole menu interface that just turned me off from the word go.

Yes, perhaps I should have given it more of a chance. Especially as it seems like my perfect game. But to be honest, I expect the basics to be done to standard when I pay £30 for a game.

Maybe I was just too used to everything just working perfectly (COD) :)

I remember it being quite annoying and difficuilt to change a control to a preferred key. I also remember not being able to jump, or find it in the controls menu (Can you jump on Arma?). And ofcourse, the muzzle flash.

Then this isn't the game at all for you, just mentioning COD in relation to ArmA just makes me ache :p. The whole point is versatility and not being able to just play like an everyday brainless shooter like COD.

I don't think ArmA3 will change a single bit in that respect, it hasn't in 10 years iirc.

The pace of the game is slower, that's why the controls work like they do, it's built down from software the military uses. Never had issues with the controls or editing them myself, there are very little actually used when you do play. Also jumping? You try jumping like a loon wearing all that gear!

Soldato
You cannot jump on Arma. It is a milsim not an arcade game, this mistake is deliberate lol

Can you not jump in real life? :p

Then this isn't the game at all for you, just mentioning COD in relation to ArmA just makes me ache :p. The whole point is versatility and not being able to just play like an everyday brainless shooter like COD.

I don't think ArmA3 will change a single bit in that respect, it hasn't in 10 years iirc.

The pace of the game is slower, that's why the controls work like they do, it's built down from software the military uses. Never had issues with the controls or editing them myself, there are very little actually used when you do play. Also jumping? You try jumping like a loon wearing all that gear!

It is not the gameplay I commented about for COD, its the fact that everything just works. As in, the control interface etc. I know that Arma is about realism and meant to be the opposite to COD in terms of gameplay.

Also, if you can't jump, how do you get over obstacles? Is there an animated movement to climb over/on to things or?

Last edited:
Soldato
No def no jumping and TBH if you were wereing a 30 kg backpack , ammo and carrying guns i dont think you could jump very high or far anyway :). yes the v key lets you volley over small fences walls etc .
And no its nothing like cod its not pre scripted , Put it this way in arma you might have to stay prone in a tree line for 15 mins if there is enemies passing etc.
On one game myself and 6 others were tasked with taking out an emeny dig in position we spent 15 mins running to our target, 10 mins crawling prone through trees , using scopes and binocs. to spy on them , one of the team go impatiance and stood up and ran to get closer , the upshot?. enemy then knew we were there and started to sweep the forest for the rest of us , they also brought in a mpv.
The rest of us stayed still i had a laz. so painted the targets with it and called in a10 strike. amazing to see the a10 come over after about 3 mins and rip through some of them to see the rest scatter , then that was our time to strike we nailed them all they were all running for cover .
See arma is uique like that , you get a good sqaud and commander and no game is more immersive .......

Back
Top Bottom