***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
Sorry if this has been asked already but just a quick question for the guys already making missions....
When I go to the editor there is only very few units available (ie 1 little bird, one type of car ect) so are you guys making mission using just the units available on the editor? I have seen a screenshot of what looks like someone flying a Typoon so are there user made mods available already??

Cheers

This alpha version has an extremely limited supply of things. They will trickle new items into the game as it progresses. Also mods will start appearing over time too.

A lot of modders are porting arma2 mods across (hence the typhoon) but none of them are any good (yet) as they have no physics or anything. They're testing and concepting and looking at where to begin.

Associate
I was nin MGT last night for a bit, drove up to the airfield stole an armored care and escaped through lots of gun fire!

Then it crashed... ever since i try and join Arma 3 stops responding, especially when a map loads....

Any suggestions?

bJN

bJN

Soldato
You guys really don't like bait coming back your way do you ;)

I might buy this, but not sure yet. I wonder if DayZ standalone will cause a mass of players to go over to that instead

I'm hoping it does, bored of the CoD playerbase that swamped Arma II because of DayZ, so hopefully they'll bugger off back go it!:D:p

Soldato
You see toejam, this is Neil's inferior version of trolling.. Where he is making an insinuation that, possibly admin tools have been released that will allow admins to basically cheat...

Another one now for my ignore list....

Trolling, is that what it was? I mistook it for irony of a cheater accusing others of cheating?

What ever it was, it was cute.. but if it was me I wouldnt do something that I wasnt good at again, y'know unless I could download something to aid me ;)

The best admin tool is common sense, you can probably see why he cant find the download page, keeps returning a 404 error.

Soldato
Trolling, is that what it was? I mistook it for irony of a cheater accusing others of cheating?

What ever it was, it was cute.. but if it was me I wouldnt do something that I wasnt good at again, y'know unless I could download something to aid me ;)

The best admin tool is common sense, you can probably see why he cant find the download page, keeps returning a 404 error.

Oops.....

Forgot bout that toejam....:)

Guys, ignore the troll.. Obviously hasn't studied DG enough yet...

Soldato
I had low blood, all my limbs were broken and I only had an enfield Kun oh and I was just messing about and wanted to die [/dgeeee]

Truth be told kun, is that the first time youve ever killed me in any game? ;) i have vids of you raging about being sniped in a vodnik :p mwah!

Soldato
I'd be interested to hear what FPS you're getting?

I'm on the follow

i5 3570k 4.5ghz
8gb ram
570gtx
1920x1200
SSD OCZ Vector

20-40 fps on Very High

How does the 570GTX compare to a HD7850? I have a similar setup except my processor is at stock and the HD7850 instead of the 570GTX. I plan on overclocking my CPU soon and expect better results that what I have atm.

Currently have everything on High + 2xAA , post processing off, my FPS goes between 40-60 and then if the server is suffering 20-single figures.

Associate
I had low blood, all my limbs were broken and I only had an enfield Kun oh and I was just messing about and wanted to die [/dgeeee]

Truth be told kun, is that the first time youve ever killed me in any game? ;) i have vids of you raging about being sniped in a vodnik :p mwah!

hahahaha, 100% authetic Dg manoeuvre.

Soldato
Hopefully so people who want to play ARMA don't have to deal with people who play games like DayZ, CoD,etc

Whats the problem with that? Although the majority are kids, i play both DayZ and CoD yet still enjoy myself playing Arma properly or going the wasteland side of things.

I do the serious Co-Op missions and all the other mods, but don't limit myself to one and enjoy different modes.

It's a shame so many people generalize at any given point and tar people with the same brush.

Soldato
Whats the problem with that? Although the majority are kids, i play both DayZ and CoD yet still enjoy myself playing Arma properly or going the wasteland side of things.

I do the serious Co-Op missions and all the other mods, but don't limit myself to one and enjoy different modes.

It's a shame so many people generalize at any given point and tar people with the same brush.

Thats fair enough. I just meant the people who run around in ARMA missions killing teammates and such.

Soldato
Thats fair enough. I just meant the people who run around in ARMA missions killing teammates and such.

Yeah i can't stand them players either, joined a team death match the other night that someone on here was hosting. I spawned and instantly got TK'ed and this happened another 3-4 times before i could actually move out the spawn area.

Caporegime
It's a pain using these forums sometimes, it always ends with the thread getting derailed by people with personal vendettas.

Yep, certain two people seem to always be at it and one was questioning why he doesn't get appreciation shown by dons haha.

Performance seems up and down, shoot down to 25 fps with max view distance and object distance on ultra.

Associate
Adjusted my fov for 1920x1080 and it feels a lot better now cos of it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/ug6wu/how_to_adjust_your_fov_aka_how_to_cure_arma2/

I used these values for 90degree vision.

Using 90 degrees on the below resolutions
1920 x 1080 at 90 FOV =
fovTop=1.03;
fovLeft=1.83;

The link shows values for other resolutions if anyone needs them. Hope it helps.

I find 90 too high for Arma. I used 80 on Arma 2 and I think I'll stick with 85 on Arma 3. I think the default is 70-75?. I know it isn't much different but again 90 just feels that little bit too much for me

Here's the values for 80 and 85 if anyone's interested

80 FOV

fovTop=0.89;
fovLeft=1.58;

85 FOV

fovTop=0.95;
fovLeft=1.68;

Soldato
How does the 570GTX compare to a HD7850? I have a similar setup except my processor is at stock and the HD7850 instead of the 570GTX. I plan on overclocking my CPU soon and expect better results that what I have atm.

Currently have everything on High + 2xAA , post processing off, my FPS goes between 40-60 and then if the server is suffering 20-single figures.

i5 3570k (stock), 8gb ddr3, gainward phantom 570 using latest whql drivers.

I get around 50fps +/- 5. Usually.

In nvidia panel i put everything back to default just to be sure nothing i had before which was tweaked affected fps too much.

Ingame settings are:

visibility around 2500 or so
object 1800 or 2000 ish (cant tell when playing what this effects as turning it right down helps fps a little and barely any diff to maxed values imo when playing but you can see the difference when you at main menu and see the island from overhead but playing normally i couldnt tell the diff unless its for objects far away for when using scope this is helpful for.
shadows around 100

1080p
vsync disabled
aa off
ppaa fxaa high
quality normal (fps boost if lowered tho and if disabled gets rid of motion blur or goes off at very low one of the two)
HDR standard
AF ultra as it has little impact
pip high
Dynamic lights ultra

Texture - High (can do very high tho with some fps loss but still playable)
Objects VH
Terrain VH
Cloud high (might be ok vh but for now i have it on high
Particles - VH

This usually nets me around 45 min and 50-55 average during the sp infantry mission.

Atm i have basically all as said above but tweaked visibility to 6000 for better color depth, somehow makes things a lot nicer as if you slide it left it makes things whiter and more you slide it right it makes it more fuller in color i.e if it generally looks grey looking compared to other peoples screenies or youtube clips then you know they have this setting higher than you. I think 6000 is a semi ok compromise for fps for the color quality it gives. Also i adjusted my textures quality from high to very high which droped the fps from the average 55 ish to 45-50 or there abouts along with the visibility setting adjust.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom