***ArmA 3 Thread***

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Trying to like this...Keep telling myself that it's meant to build up the tension etc but I think I'm just kidding myself and that it's boring as f.

Like a gigolo, I'll keep pounding away at it until I enjoy myself or fall asleep through boredom.

You do realise what this is right? It's a military simulator, not a game. It's not necessarily meant to be fun, but you can have fun playing it if you're into that sort of thing. It's all what you make of it.

The fact remains, however, that it is still only alpha and has a lot of things that need to be ironed out - which BI are already working on!

Soldato
Well I spent most of my time running around with a pistol lost last night, ended up upside down on a quad bike and once I finally got with a group of guys accidentally ejected myself at full speed from a vehicle only to watch a firefight happen in the distance.... A massive improvement over arma 2 so far IMO! Just need to get myself a mic and get involved properly.

Soldato
Dave it looks like we have a new fan :D

We play a bit of everything with the old arma2.. I feel dirty saying old arma2, like ive traded it in already. At the moment were hosting a wasteland server to see how the server copes with it but with the older one we do play the more tactical missions but we dont go full tactical missions though Itd be nice if we did but we have more casual players than hardcore players. Once something like insurgency is available well be playing that, dont know if itll be on the server though.

As for arma3 i wouldnt judge it yet, buy it cheap now for 20quid and try it, single player and see how it is.. Then let it mature and try it every now and then. Its a bit boring for me with lack of content and the map isnt ideal for any of the popular mods from arma2. This is the cheapest it will be for a long time and its already so much better as far as the game mechanics go and it will only get better. I cant wait for ACE mod and ACRE again along with other tweaks.

Associate
This is basically what we were doing last night, had me, melbo, tootall, marker and Mike testing out a mission created by Melbo.

Strategy was created on the fly as we adapted to the mission and then we made some suggestions that could make the mission better etc at the end.

Good fun, there has been a slow trickle of user missions for the Alpha, most seem to be small TDM style missions. Melbo and Marker certainly seem to be creating a more traditional style mission that you play co-op.

Team Speak is: 94.76.250.72

brilliant thanks i will join next week! cant wait to get back home!

Associate
Can we get the 1st page updated with servers being run atm etc? It's a bit of a bitch to go trough the thread and search for things.

Also no way to put a server as fav?

Associate
I dont know much about game development but it seems quite impressive that the vast majority of people seem to got it running very quickly. I have not had any more crash instances that any other game.

PvP has been patchy for me as everyone suddenly has forgotten to play as a team. Spawn closest to enemy, run in a straight line and then struggle to tell one uniform from another, die, respawn and repeat. Much rather play small squad co op missions at the moment. The AI seems competent and it seems a sensible way to learn the game.

Performance wise i can put everything on ultra on SP but suffer badly on MP and turn almost everything down to medium which is a bit of a tease :(

Associate
Sorry if this has been asked already but just a quick question for the guys already making missions....
When I go to the editor there is only very few units available (ie 1 little bird, one type of car ect) so are you guys making mission using just the units available on the editor? I have seen a screenshot of what looks like someone flying a Typoon so are there user made mods available already??

Cheers

Soldato
Sorry if this has been asked already but just a quick question for the guys already making missions....
When I go to the editor there is only very few units available (ie 1 little bird, one type of car ect) so are you guys making mission using just the units available on the editor? I have seen a screenshot of what looks like someone flying a Typoon so are there user made mods available already??

Cheers

I'm personally only using what the default load out is so it's very limited to what vehicles/objects you can use. You can import all the stuff from Arma 2 though but really, who wants that now?!

Soldato
So have you guys found everything on the server yet, as per the usual or are the applications not ready for this new build? ;)

I thought you were the expert on this? Or is that only something you do when you know everyone else is doing it?

The word here you want princess is, bazinga.

Associate
Just a thought, would it not be a good Idea to have a thread just for guys who have servers up? or put up a list of the OCUK users servers on the front page of this post, would just save people having to trawl through pages and pages of posts to find where each other are playing?

Soldato
2600k @ 4.7ghz 16gb 1866 ram and 7970 at 1200mhz, getting 50-60fps on ultra default with 4xAA instead of 8 on anything other than Wasteland, Wasteland anything between 30-55fps at 1920x1080

So have you guys found everything on the server yet, as per the usual or are the applications not ready for this new build? ;)

Really Neil? Was that called for? I know you have issues, but I suggest keeping them to yourself for your sake.

Just a thought, would it not be a good Idea to have a thread just for guys who have servers up? or put up a list of the OCUK users servers on the front page of this post, would just save people having to trawl through pages and pages of posts to find where each other are playing?

Yes, the OP hasn't been on since Aug 12, so highly unlikey this thread will be updated.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You guys really don't like bait coming back your way do you ;)

I might buy this, but not sure yet. I wonder if DayZ standalone will cause a mass of players to go over to that instead

Soldato
I thought you were the expert on this? Or is that only something you do when you know everyone else is doing it?

The word here you want princess is, bazinga.

You see toejam, this is Neil's inferior version of trolling.. Where he is making an insinuation that, possibly admin tools have been released that will allow admins to basically cheat...

Another one now for my ignore list....

Back
Top Bottom