***ArmA 3 Thread***

Associate
Want to be apart of the ArmA 3 development builds? Follow these 5 simple steps:

1) Open Steam and go to your game library
2) Right click on ArmA 3 Alpha, click Properties
3) Click on the BETAS tab
4) Click on the drop down menu, choose development - Development Build
5) Click Close

Congratulations, you are now in the development build of the ArmA 3 alpha!

so we have betas of an alpha?

And also I was able to max everything bar PP with a 5k view distance and just about maintain 30fps in SP but the MP ran like a dog no matter what settings I tried (avg 15 max 20 I think, even everything on low and view dist set to 500m I could barely top 25). Ill sit tight and see if they get the MP running better soon

Soldato
I only tested out the performance the other night, but I'm very much liking the sound of no-respawn MP rounds ala counter strike. Force people to value their life. Introduce a "danger area" mechanic for the last man standing so rounds don't go on forever. Bob is your uncle. Spectators can only spectate their team in 1st person.

Permabanned
I only tested out the performance the other night, but I'm very much liking the sound of no-respawn MP rounds ala counter strike. Force people to value their life. Introduce a "danger area" mechanic for the last man standing so rounds don't go on forever. Bob is your uncle. Spectators can only spectate their team in 1st person.

Yeah it's a good idea that one. Stops you killing people for them to just respawn and instantly run back to where they died to find you.

Soldato
You guys really don't like bait coming back your way do you ;)

I might buy this, but not sure yet. I wonder if DayZ standalone will cause a mass of players to go over to that instead

Oh lordy , we can only hope

It is a retardfest at the moment , people just want to rambo about killing everything regardless of game mode type

Associate
I wonder how many people are reporting performance of singleplayer instead of multiplayer?

I'm really struggling to keep this at 30 frames in MP on high.

I work as a dev and I'm even feeling impatient waiting for optimisation of this! Caught myself looking at new fx cards.

Permabanned
I wonder how many people are reporting performance of singleplayer instead of multiplayer?

I'm really struggling to keep this at 30 frames in MP on high.

I work as a dev and I'm even feeling impatient waiting for optimisation of this! Caught myself looking at new fx cards.

I'd wait till full release before making any changes, they'll do something about performance as they've already received many complaints. This game requires raw CPU power more than GPU in my opinion. The new Haswell processors released this year should help.

Soldato
Had a brilliant time running around earlier but really need to find a decent home. Could someone suggest a clan that I could join so that i can play with people that know what to do? Have mic etc etc

Soldato
I'd wait till full release before making any changes, they'll do something about performance as they've already received many complaints. This game requires raw CPU power more than GPU in my opinion. The new Haswell processors released this year should help.

The extra 5-10% is gonna give us that all important boost we need? It needs optimising, badly!

Permabanned
The extra 5-10% is gonna give us that all important boost we need? It needs optimising, badly!

Performance figures may be higher, and 5-10% will only be if you're moving from the last gen CPU's. If your on a q6600 or older i5 or i7 the jump will be much greater. I agree though optimization is needed but it runs better than I thought it would for me.

Associate
You buy it for £20 now, that gives you access to Alpha, then Beta when it's out and then the full game when it's out. You don't have anything else to pay. Or else you scrounge a Lite invite off someone next week and try the single player out first to see if you like it.

Cheers buddy.

Love ARMA, all over this as soon as I get home :)

Back
Top Bottom