***ArmA 3 Thread***

Associate
From the screenshots it doesn't look like the shots in post #1 to me

Can it be downloaded as demo? I would like to see for myself before purchase (and if I can actually play it)

edit - also failing to see ones like these

https://store.bistudio.com/images/screenshots/arma3/arma3_alpha_steam_01.jpg

https://store.bistudio.com/images/screenshots/arma3/arma3_alpha_steam_11.jpg

https://store.bistudio.com/images/screenshots/arma3/arma3_alpha_steam_08.jpg

I doubt the alpha has the full blown textures included to keep the file size down.. its only 5.4gb

Hoping the full release will look somewhat better.

Associate
Also sometimes when I am getting gear it freezes and crashes.

Are you running the beta build? I had to revert back to the original because it was so unstable and kept crashing often.

Was playing the the OCuK wasteland server just now with shankly, pretty good stuff!

Moments before we launched an attack on the Gun Store near the Airfield:

06A16F762139B21B827B0B89F3E2063DB1EF7D0F

Soldato
From the screenshots it doesn't look like the shots in post #1 to me

Can it be downloaded as demo? I would like to see for myself before purchase (and if I can actually play it)

edit - also failing to see ones like these

https://store.bistudio.com/images/screenshots/arma3/arma3_alpha_steam_01.jpg

https://store.bistudio.com/images/screenshots/arma3/arma3_alpha_steam_11.jpg

https://store.bistudio.com/images/screenshots/arma3/arma3_alpha_steam_08.jpg

It looks exactly like that :confused: Those aren't even that impressive :p

Soldato
Are you running the beta build? I had to revert back to the original because it was so unstable and kept crashing often.

Was playing the the OCuK wasteland server just now with shankly, pretty good stuff!

That was fun :) nice screen shot

Associate

I was driving the batmobile :D

Associate
I've never played Wasteland before, what a cracking game. I played for about an hour tonight and somehow 5 hours have passed. Not had this much fun in a game for ages :)

Soldato
Is it just me thats thinking lets keep this topic to just the alpha and the core game for now untill release and keep wasteland and other mods off topic for a bit as its getting a bit wasteland this and that for awhile now and i like to watch this thread for just alpha core game chat tbh. I mean i have no issue with the mod itself and a new thread might be great for just that etc but for this thread i mean is it just me that wants to keep to the core game for now? Sry if i upset anyone with this question.

Associate
There is a huge thread on the Bohemia forums about the very low res mid range textures, they are much more blurry and low res than previous arma games, this may have something to do with arma 3smimproved performance.

Arma is and always will be a strange game in terms of graphics, it can look both amazing and downright terrible at times.

Soldato
The OCUK server is good actually. Not sure what you've done but FPS is amazing. Combine that with updates and bosh!

Shame it is a bit unstable but that seems - touch wood - to have sorted itself too

Gaellords have a CONQUEST type map too. Very fun

Associate
Is it just me thats thinking lets keep this topic to just the alpha and the core game for now untill release and keep wasteland and other mods off topic for a bit as its getting a bit wasteland this and that for awhile now and i like to watch this thread for just alpha core game chat tbh. I mean i have no issue with the mod itself and a new thread might be great for just that etc but for this thread i mean is it just me that wants to keep to the core game for now? Sry if i upset anyone with this question.

It's just you tbh. Read trough the post what your looking for. Having people stay on topic on a forum is wishful thinking.

Art

Art

Associate
Wasteland is for the great unwashed.

This NEEDS to be about Arma 3 alpha/beta/release.

Yeah, but in fairness, how much vanilla alpha is there at the minute? Well, there are four showcases which take less than half an hour each, and then there are scripted missions, which include Wasteland.

Besides, the alpha isn't just for testing out base game features, it's for testing out everything including the features needed by script/mod servers.

Soldato

I agree to an extent but it's part and parcel of the game. If it declines to a slangmatch with dg etc then I will be annoyed as the DayZ thread is unreadable because of that rubbish.

Caporegime
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: arma3.exe
Application Version: 0.5.102.571
Application Timestamp: 512deb6a
Fault Module Name: arma3.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.5.102.571
Fault Module Timestamp: 512deb6a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00821fc2
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Fun :D

Soldato
Had some fun trying to run a guy over yesterday in my hunter it took about 5 mins of driving round in circles until i finally out witted him and reversed over him.

I also hit a small rock on my quad and got launched out to sea. :)

Back
Top Bottom