Armored Core VI - Fires of Rubicon

Associate
Set anticipation levels to 10 the next From Soft gem is on the way soon on 25th August.

Some youtubers and press have now been allowed to show some footage online of parts of the first chapter. The footage looks great and I can't wait to get my hands on the game.

It will be interesting to see how from soft handle a different genre.

It does look fast paced with explosions going off everywhere. I am still on the fence in terms of if I should get it on PS5 or PC.

Did anyone splash out on the collectors editions with the model?
I was tempted, but then decided I’d tell regret picking it up without the bay to go with it and wasn’t willing to pay that much.

I've been firing up all of the weekend footage of the ac6 event on youtube. The pvp looked great and I can't wait to try it out.

I've decided to main the quad legs but I will try to at least build one of each leg type to test all options.

The pre load is up on psn - I just turned on my ps5 and it automatically started downloading it is 43.34gb on ps5.

It will be interesting to see if the ps4 version runs better than the ps5 version on ps5. This game uses the same engine as Elden Ring with the ps4 version running at a locked 60fps on ps5 whereas the native ps5 version looked nicer but had some frame rate dips occasionally.

The pre load is up on psn - I just turned on my ps5 and it automatically started downloading it is 43.34gb on ps5.

It will be interesting to see if the ps4 version runs better than the ps5 version on ps5. This game uses the same engine as Elden Ring with the ps4 version running at a locked 60fps on ps5 whereas the native ps5 version looked nicer but had some frame rate dips occasionally.
Didn't From release a spec sheet indicating that the game aims to hit 4K/60fps on PS5 ?

Didn't From release a spec sheet indicating that the game aims to hit 4K/60fps on PS5 ?
I can confirm that the native ps5 version is fine. Today pushsquare released there review of ac6 on ps5. The reviewer specifically says "unlike elden ring the ps5 version runs at 4k 60fps with no dips in performance".

I've gone digital so I will be staying up to try it out at midnight. Unfortunately I've got a dentist appointment at 10.30am on Friday so I will have to limit my time that night. Once I'm back I have the rest of the day to test it out.

Finally got to play and first mission boss killed me more times then I'd like to admit for such a simple boss lol, I've never really played armoured core tho before so all new to me, game does seem to play and handle well too

Last edited:
Finally got to play and first mission boss killed me more times then I'd like to admit for such a simple boss lol, I've never really played armoured core tho before so all new to me, game does seem to play and handle well too
I struggled with him too - it took me over an hour of attempts the first time I beat him.

So far I absolutely love the game but I am a total novice at it and I constantly feel on the verge of death. The missions are quick and to the point. It definitely has that one more go factor.

Back
Top Bottom