Armored Core VI - Fires of Rubicon

I thought it was 10/10. I am not a massive mecha nerd, but I like the general theme, and the game thankfully doesn't go overboard on stats like some mech games have.
Game engine and controls are fluid, it feels good to play. Story is good IMO, along with some stunning level design and soundtrack.
It has that FromSoftware magic touch that I couldn't define, but if you know, you know.
To me, it was one of those games that is a AAA single player experience that doesn't take forever to finish, which is exactly what I look for these days.
I think mecha games in general are niche, people must not like stomping/flying around in mechs.
I liked Titanfall and it looks similar, but I fear the difficulty may frustrate me too much!

I liked Titanfall and it looks similar, but I fear the difficulty may frustrate me too much!

It's totally different to Titanfall, you're in the mech all the time and it's very fast-paced, mostly airbourne combat. I don't think you ever see another human in the game, it's all just radio comms. Plot is darker and theme generally less cartoony.
I found the plot far more compelling, I ditched TF after a few hours.
Difficulty wise - some struggled on some boss fights, I think it's been nerfed at least once though.

Back
Top Bottom