US: Arrow (Season 4)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
This show has gone from brilliant to boring. Bring back seasons 1&2.

They cant because Olli didnt really hone his skill on a wild remote island for years because he was bloody travelling around the world having fun rather than training to be the best archer in the world.

Also the amount of times he rather use his bow to club people than fire it properly is beyond silly.

Dont get me started with Diggle and his ludicrous Spartan face mask.

Last edited:
PayDay Lover
Associate
They cant because Olli didnt really hone his skill on a wild remote island for years because he was bloody travelling around the world having fun rather than training to be the best archer in the world.

Also the amount of times he rather use his bow to club people than fire it properly is beyond silly.

Dont get me started with Diggle and his ludicrous Spartan face mask.

Yeah, being on an island with nothing but survival instincts and a bow to get through made a good case for why the bow was his weapon of choice. But seeing as he actually spent what seems more like a few weeks on an island before then going off all over the place and using various weapons, you kinda wonder 'why the bow dude?' Though I guess it could be because the bow has a conveniently longer clubbing range than whiplashing with a pistol does, and seeing as clubbing is his primary means of combat I guess in a weird way it makes sense

Associate
He was rescued from the island, so presumably they'll show him getting dumped on it again (for what, the 3rd time? That's just bad luck mate).

Also, when did girl sidekick learn to use a bow? Suddenly shes running around with one now too. Everyone in star city is expert archer level after 1 week.

Haven't seen Merlin yet, whats the chances he's the new mysterious archer guy :p

Associate
Haven't bothered watching this season and it seems like it was a good idea. I was enjoying season 4 up until about episode 15, but then we got stupid episodes like the fake wedding, the Laurel flashback episode and an utterly crap finale.

Looking at the ratings I wouldn't be surprised if this season is the last. Hasn't got over 2m in any of the overnight ratings where this time last year it was about 2.6m. They have lost about 1m viewers in a year. Last episode was the lowest rated episode ever as well. Due to it being on the CW it is still a fairly highly rated show for them, but there is a definitely a downturn and if it keeps going the show appears to be in trouble.

Man of Honour
To think how good the show was - I couldn't stop watching the first two seasons and watched them back to back over a few days. I can barely sit through the most recent episodes. Such a shame, but we knew it had probably peaked after season 2. Just didn't expect such a downturn.

Permabanned
Looking at the ratings I wouldn't be surprised if this season is the last. Hasn't got over 2m in any of the overnight ratings where this time last year it was about 2.6m. They have lost about 1m viewers in a year. Last episode was the lowest rated episode ever as well. Due to it being on the CW it is still a fairly highly rated show for them, but there is a definitely a downturn and if it keeps going the show appears to be in trouble.

This season pushed them well past the 88 episodes wanted for syndication which is usually a major factor in how long The CW keep a show going. It's why with their shows that have 3 seasons under their belts that are relatively cheap to make they'll renew for at least a fourth and often a fifth even when it's bombing by their standards. It then ensures that syndication money pours in for years to come, money that doesn't mean as much to larger channels but does to them.

So to them it is now cancellable but i wouldn't be surprised to see it keep going for another season or two because of the crossovers keeping it afloat, barely.

Associate
This season pushed them well past the 88 episodes wanted for syndication which is usually a major factor in how long The CW keep a show going. It's why with their shows that have 3 seasons under their belts that are relatively cheap to make they'll renew for at least a fourth and often a fifth even when it's bombing by their standards. It then ensures that syndication money pours in for years to come, money that doesn't mean as much to larger channels but does to them.

So to them it is now cancellable but i wouldn't be surprised to see it keep going for another season or two because of the crossovers keeping it afloat, barely.

Yes, I did read something about Arrow getting syndication recently.

In fairness my comments about the ratings are only the US overnight ratings from Wikipedia. They don't include people who watch via a legal catchup service, and also there is no mention of international ratings so if these are strong then the show could get another season or two.

Just looked at the ratings for the Flash and that also seems to be down about 1m viewers from this time last season as well. Maybe, there is just so much superhero action on the CW now with LoT and Supergirl people are just bored.

Caporegime
Well given how utterly retarded this show is at times now especially when it comes to fighting skills and level playing fields, I wouldn't be surprised if Prometheus is actually Lance :p :o

Associate
Well given how utterly retarded this show is at times now especially when it comes to fighting skills and level playing fields, I wouldn't be surprised if Prometheus is actually Lance :p :o

You may not be wrong. At the end of the last episode, Lance is waking up on his sofa with a lovely gash in his forearm (and what looks like a stinking hangover) and one of Prometheus's throwing stars on the table.:confused:

Soldato
Old enough to walk around in skin tight clothes with a body like that, old enough to run a round the city putting arrows into people and beating the crap out them but not old enough to enjoy a celebratory glass of schnapps with the team.

Soldato
You may not be wrong. At the end of the last episode, Lance is waking up on his sofa with a lovely gash in his forearm (and what looks like a stinking hangover) and one of Prometheus's throwing stars on the table.:confused:

My response when I saw that:

giphy.gif

Associate
It won't be Lance but if it is then it's the most stupid thing the show would have done apart from maybe Kurtis running around taking on hardened criminals after a few weeks in the bat cave. Felicity's new boyfriend is my number one suspect.

Soldato
I was thinking it was Slade Wilson (Deathstroke). After checking imdb he is cast in Ep 8 :)

But only in it for 1 episode, so maybe just a flashback
:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom