Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss to leave club at end of season

Soldato
I'm pretty sure Brendon rogers will be the new manager

Knows the premier league, good at nurturing young talent. You hear from players who have played under his leadership and they all praise him tbh.

Tuchel - no chance he had a big bust up with our new chief scout from Dortmund
Allegri - Doesn't speak a word of English
Lowe - He's committed to be with Germany after the world cup

Happy to let brendon have a crack of the whip.

If I had a choice i'd go for benitez though

Caporegime
So reading around it’s rumoured that Wenger decided to step down due to the fear he may be sacked at the end of the season. Seems like Kroenke and the board were getting increasingly worried about fan attendances and actually started offering season tickets to silver and red members.

Not sure how true it is but here is the full story:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ger-to-leave-arsenal-at-the-end-of-the-season

Soldato
Fans staying away doesn't affect the revenue from ticket sales.

Majority of the seats at emirates are already pre sold and held by season ticket holders anyway

Soldato
I'm pretty sure Brendon rogers will be the new manager

Knows the premier league, good at nurturing young talent. You hear from players who have played under his leadership and they all praise him tbh.

Tuchel - no chance he had a big bust up with our new chief scout from Dortmund
Allegri - Doesn't speak a word of English
Lowe - He's committed to be with Germany after the world cup

Happy to let brendon have a crack of the whip.

If I had a choice i'd go for benitez though

I'm not keen on Rodgers.

Benitez yea I'd take him.

Soldato
Great man who loved the game and arsenal more than anything. Will always remember him for the beautiful football they played and not for the sad demise in the last decade.

But how come no one has mentioned Conte in the running think he would be ideal given the right backing

But yes as a toon fan I fear Rafa could be lured away sadly

Last edited:
Caporegime
Fans staying away doesn't affect the revenue from ticket sales.

Majority of the seats at emirates are already pre sold and held by season ticket holders anyway

The article says a record number of season ticket holders choosing to not renew, rather than people that have already paid staying away.

Soldato
the articles a load of rubbish theres a MASSIVE waiting list for a season ticket, you have to pay just to be on that waiting list theres no way in hell they can then offer season tickets to silver and red level members

If people didn't renew season tickets they would easily get snapped up by people on the season ticket waiting list

Man of Honour
Sounds like a load of rubbish. I've been on the waiting list for Silver membership for about 10 years (last time I checked a couple of years ago there were about 28k ahead of me in the queue, plus all the queue jumpers coming from junior gunners), never mind Season ticket membership (just checked about I am about position 77k in the queue, so even if every single season ticket holder didn't renew I still wouldn't get offered one).

Soldato
Uh oh..

giphy.gif

Soldato
So reading around it’s rumoured that Wenger decided to step down due to the fear he may be sacked at the end of the season. Seems like Kroenke and the board were getting increasingly worried about fan attendances and actually started offering season tickets to silver and red members.

Not sure how true it is but here is the full story:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ger-to-leave-arsenal-at-the-end-of-the-season
last part is true because i got offered a season ticket earlier this season and im just a red member

Soldato
Sounds like a load of rubbish. I've been on the waiting list for Silver membership for about 10 years (last time I checked a couple of years ago there were about 28k ahead of me in the queue, plus all the queue jumpers coming from junior gunners), never mind Season ticket membership (just checked about I am about position 77k in the queue, so even if every single season ticket holder didn't renew I still wouldn't get offered one).
its not.im a red member and not even on the waiting list and got offered one

Soldato

its not.im a red member and not even on the waiting list and got offered one

One of you is telling porkies :D

Back
Top Bottom