Assassin's Creed IV- Black Flag

Soldato
I've got a bit of an odd problem with AC4. I've booted it up for the first time and its almost as though the down button on my keyboard is being held down because as soon as i move the mouse over a menu item that isnt at the bottom of the screen it will instantly go down to the bottom. does anyone have any ideas as to whats causing it? My xbox controller isn't even plugged in and I'd be very surprised if my wheel was interfering with it in any way (logitech G27). i game at 1360x768 if that makes a difference

Man of Honour
I've got a bit of an odd problem with AC4. I've booted it up for the first time and its almost as though the down button on my keyboard is being held down because as soon as i move the mouse over a menu item that isnt at the bottom of the screen it will instantly go down to the bottom. does anyone have any ideas as to whats causing it? My xbox controller isn't even plugged in and I'd be very surprised if my wheel was interfering with it in any way (logitech G27). i game at 1360x768 if that makes a difference

Logitech wheels have been known to cause such issues. Try removing it?

Man of Honour
I love this game! lol

The legendary ships are so brutal. Trying to beat them without farming all the ship plans from chests.

One volley from them and I lose half my armor :D

Mortar seems really OP tho, I have that pretty high.

Associate
I love this game! lol

The legendary ships are so brutal. Trying to beat them without farming all the ship plans from chests.

One volley from them and I lose half my armor :D

Mortar seems really OP tho, I have that pretty high.

Upgrade your RAM to max....then be really agressive, making sure you constantly RAM, using your chain shot to stun them.....then after ram, you should end up next to them and fire a few heavy shots....rinse and repeat....did all 4 Legendarys in 1 night using that method.

If you let them get some distance on you, you end up either being pulverised by their Mortars or Broadside Cannons.

Associate
Hi Guys. I have the Skull edition which comes with the two additional missions 'Hidden Mystery' and 'Sacrificed Secrets'. I have redeemed the code of course and was wondering if anyone knows when these become available? I have just completed sequence 3 memory 4.

Also how do you get the Treasure hunter outfit and Golden Dual Swords?

Cheers in advance.

Soldato
Drakes golden pistols? I'm sure I found them, they're simple accessible in game if you have the DLC. You loot them from chests in the "Sacrificed Secrets'" area which isn't really that secret as it pops up on the map if your bobbing about near it. Which is how I found it.

I won't tell you where as you might want to find it yourself, but it's not exactly hidden!

Associate
I have just reached sequence 9 Trust is Earned, as soon as I tried to shoot the other ships the games crashed, reloaded it and it went a little further allowing me to sink a couple and crashed again with AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working. Now it will only go as far as the loading screen before it freezes.
I have googled this problem and someone suggested altering the config setting to DX9 rather than DX11, but it didn't make any difference.
I have also tried putting all the graphics settings to minimum and resetting my overclock, but as soon as I choose my saved game after a few seconds it freezes before going into the game
I see some people have tried contacting Ubisoft but it still hasn't been resolved
Any Ideas Thanks

Soldato
Anyone have any tips on how to make this run smoother. I have tried most things but I keep getting drops into the 30fps for no real reason which makes it stutter bad.

??

Soldato
Environment quality is always the demanding option. Soft shadows and AA will be the next two to try.

I have played about with the settings even setting everything to min does not stop it ? It just slows to 30fps every few seconds. Its not even on intense parts either. It makes the game horrid to play as it stutters about.

Associate
You could try this I had the same stutter probs too. Go here : C:\Users\******\Documents\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\Assassin4 - open Assassin4 and disable DisplayableRefreshRate=60 by putting a ; infront.

;DisplayableRefreshRate=60

and maybe turn off PhysX as this seems quite broken.

I did monitor the CPU usage and found that this game only really stresses one core, that's half the problem I suspect.

Last edited:
Associate
I have just reached sequence 9 Trust is Earned, as soon as I tried to shoot the other ships the games crashed, reloaded it and it went a little further allowing me to sink a couple and crashed again with AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working. Now it will only go as far as the loading screen before it freezes.
I have googled this problem and someone suggested altering the config setting to DX9 rather than DX11, but it didn't make any difference.
I have also tried putting all the graphics settings to minimum and resetting my overclock, but as soon as I choose my saved game after a few seconds it freezes before going into the game
I see some people have tried contacting Ubisoft but it still hasn't been resolved
Any Ideas Thanks

This is the issue I've been having too, tried a variety of fixes which haven't worked so I'm just waiting for them to fix it in the next patch. Apparently it's the Physx patch which did it and you can uninstall the game, put uplay on offline mode and play it unpatched which lets you go past that sequence but I've not tried that yet.

Soldato
You could try this I had the same stutter probs too. Go here : C:\Users\******\Documents\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\Assassin4 - open Assassin4 and disable DisplayableRefreshRate=60 by putting a ; infront.

;DisplayableRefreshRate=60

and maybe turn off PhysX as this seems quite broken.

I did monitor the CPU usage and found that this game only really stresses one core, that's half the problem I suspect.

Just tried that and it's better but still not great.

Strangely I have just obtained the Jackdaw and headed out to sea and it is locked at a solid 60Fps. It's almost like the land bits are using a different engine ?

Weird....

Associate
Spent ages playing this last night, got to the point where you get the jackdaw and then quit and went to bed. Started the game up this morning, and its not loading from where I left off. I've now got to replay the missions where you meet the governor etc. Any ideas?

Man of Honour
Spent ages playing this last night, got to the point where you get the jackdaw and then quit and went to bed. Started the game up this morning, and its not loading from where I left off. I've now got to replay the missions where you meet the governor etc. Any ideas?

Sounds like you didn't reach the save point.

Associate
Just tried that and it's better but still not great.

Strangely I have just obtained the Jackdaw and headed out to sea and it is locked at a solid 60Fps. It's almost like the land bits are using a different engine ?

Weird....

You need to run a little program called D3d overrider. The was running at 60 fps for me then the second the frame rate dropped it would crash to 30. Every time. This little program fixed that.

Back
Top Bottom