Assassin's Creed IV- Black Flag

Associate
This is the issue I've been having too, tried a variety of fixes which haven't worked so I'm just waiting for them to fix it in the next patch. Apparently it's the Physx patch which did it and you can uninstall the game, put uplay on offline mode and play it unpatched which lets you go past that sequence but I've not tried that yet.

Thanks for the reply, I have read on other forums that with the digital version the patch is already on it, so re-downloading it wouldn't work, only if you have the dvd version.

Someone did a link to a file called "DataPC_patch.forge" to replace the original one with, but that didn't work either.

I have been playing the game with no problems up to this point, so it is nothing to do with hardware, graphic drivers etc just bad programming, but it is strange that some people have not had any problems
I have tried starting another game and it is working fine, it is just my original position in the game which is making it freeze at the initial free run before the actual game starts.
I had thought about continuing playing the game through again but after more hours of play it will probably freeze at the same place again

Last edited:
Associate
AC have never really been world beaters when it comes to smooth gameplay. I remember the second one being like a slide show on my Q6600. The engine seems geared towards console hardware and assumes PC players are happy to settle for 30fps.

I unlocked the diving bell this morning, the underwater sections add an extra element to the game and work well.

Bit random how you go down there weapon free swimming around great whites. You would have thought they would have included a harpoon.

Associate
Unfortunately you can get hard saves and temporary saves, as in Far Cry 3. The save symbol appears but if you quit that temp saves goes.

Hate these games today you never know if it has actually saved your progress.

Thankyou for games like Shadow Warrior 2013.

Thats the thing, I did. I waited until a save point before finishing for the night.

Soldato
Finished the other night.

Ending was a little sudden but at least you can carry on afterwards. Overall, lots of fun and can only be improved by removing the Follow and Eavesdrop missions. Not a fan of the diving either

Soldato
Think I'm near the end now tbh, dont' mind the follow/eavesdropping missions but the diving just seems daft, would be better with larger areas to space loot and creatures out a bit, just feels like you move 5ft and there's another chest, another eel or another shark to hide from.

Caporegime
The follow and eavesdrop missions are just frustrating. Doesn't feel like there is actual skill involve,d it's just repeating them until you've memorised the guard positions.

Soldato
Big fan of the companion app on Android, can manage all my fleet. I think thats a fun game on its own, then i can spend all my coins i get on fancy outfits.

Love the look of the Mayan armour, looks really cool.

Associate
The companion app actually breaks the game. You can make 30-40k a day without even trying then buy everything (sea hunting is fun but the animal stuff was just annoying), my 2 pence.

Man of Honour
The follow and eavesdrop missions are just frustrating. Doesn't feel like there is actual skill involve,d it's just repeating them until you've memorised the guard positions.

+1 to that. This is my biggest annoyance with the story missions.

I don't mind a few follow/listen missions, but they seem to keep repeating this one quite a bit.

On another topic, I managed to beat all 4 legendary ship battles last night. The two man-o-war's had me stumped for a good 30 mins though, couldn't quite do it!

I did get rich in the process though. It turns out if you kill one of them, loot the 10k chest, and then die, you keep the 10k... before I realised I saw I had the 100k reales achievement.

Soldato
Think I'm near the end now tbh, dont' mind the follow/eavesdropping missions but the diving just seems daft, would be better with larger areas to space loot and creatures out a bit, just feels like you move 5ft and there's another chest, another eel or another shark to hide from.
My main issue is that 90% of the sodding missions are follow/eavesdrop. As you know I've had the campaign finished for a while so during Christmas I decided to finish off the Assassin Mission/Storyline so I could get the last key, which unlocks the Templar armour. Imagine my rageface to see that the remaining missions were eavesdrops.

The diving missions I have to admit weren't too bad - certainly unique which was nice but yes they felt too confined. I think I am done with the game now though - got a great fleet with maxxed out diamonds (9999) and very little else to do :/

Soldato
(diving missions)...certainly unique

I feel the exact opposite, and would use them as an example of the problems this game has. All of the gameplay is the same....even diving to look for treasure is basically moving from area to area whilst staying out of sight(of sharks!)...there are sequences like this in towns, on islands, on the ship even!!, underwater. Raiding warehouses is just a case of moving from bush to bush, as are half of the missions, assassinations etc. It is all the game is.....Do not be seen or game over! It is pathetic that they can't create any decent gameplay. The newer gen has really moved things along:rolleyes:

Big fan of the companion app on Android,

Me too, I thought it was great. The best implementation of a companion app I have seen

Man of Honour
I feel the exact opposite, and would use them as an example of the problems this game has. All of the gameplay is the same....even diving to look for treasure is basically moving from area to area whilst staying out of sight(of sharks!)...there are sequences like this in towns, on islands, on the ship even!!, underwater. Raiding warehouses is just a case of moving from bush to bush, as are half of the missions, assassinations etc. It is all the game is.....Do not be seen or game over! It is pathetic that they can't create any decent gameplay. The newer gen has really moved things along:rolleyes:

The land based combat does kinda suck. It's too easy (really OP blowgun, silent, instant, huge range), using swords in melee combat just annihilates everything, noob friendly counter system etc.

The main thing I enjoy about this game is the ocean combat. Particularly when you have a weaker boat. It becomes boring too once you have all the upgrades, but taking on Man-o-War's with just a few cannons and having to rely on your maneuverability is good fun.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong there, Diving was a rather nice and unexpected addition to the game for me as I had not bothered reading anything - there was little hype to the game and its release took me and some friends completely by surprise. Diving however I did enjoy even though it was limited.

For all your other points I completely agree on. None of the characters I even felt any compassion for, the same goes for AC3. The only real Pro about the game is the naval aspect, which rapidly ends the moment you max out your fleet and defeat the 4 legendary ships.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom