Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Soldato
OP
Do want to get this at some point but will wait due to RDR2 a few weeks away. The user reviews on Metacritic average around 5.5 where as AC origins was around 7.5.
Anyone know why this may be the case, is it maybe because its very similar to Origins?

From what I've played so far, the gameplay like climbing and fighting is the worst in the series I've played. Lovely setting and general ambience, the main quest is boring so far and the side quests are too. It's also full of bugs(PS4 version).

All in all a mess. I hope that Red Dead Redemption 2 lives up to it's hype, because not one game has imo since Dark Souls 3, none of the triple A titles have impressed me at all.

Soldato
Just hit level 44 on part 7 of main quest. Some interesting quests later on with lots of filler fetch type side missions.

Still enjoying but think I might take a break and play through Vampyr as I can see this lasting at least another 40-50 hours tbh.....

Man of Honour
Finally 24 and nearly finished all of Athens. Not much left to upgrade on my ship.

Funniest moment of the day. Quest npc won’t get off horse. So I attack the horse. Somehow it catches on fire, runs into the ocean and drowns :eek: - npc got off the horse though!

Soldato
I had to rescue someone from a camp. As soon as we got outside he turned round and ran back into the camp and got slaughtered. Luckily the mission had completed just before he went kamikaze.....

Soldato
I had a nightmare rescuing

Odessa, during one of the Cult quests. Pretty sure her level hadn't scaled, and I could damage her during the fight. Pretty much had to kill three enemies without letting her take more than 2 or 3 hits from anyone. And she kept charging at the enemy. Took me something like 12 attempts before I managed to pull it off.

Soldato
I'm stuck on the boar quest :(

I lucked out with that one. Had a Mercinary hunting me; she showed up during the fight but attacked the board rather than me.

Not sure if you can replicate that or not? Always a chance the mercs will attack you instead.

Soldato
Just finished the main story line at level 47. Loads still too do but need to be level 50+ as it’s way to hard at moment......

Grind on the side quests..... lol

Soldato
Just had a "kill the bandits" side quest where I had to do sod all. I was just perched on a cliff above their camp watching them get mauled by wolves :D One bandit survived. But the pack of wolves was immediately followed by a couple of boars, who finished him off.

Easiest XP ever (well, apart from the beggars).

Caporegime
Yeah the heal is a must have, loving some of the assassin tree skills the one where you hurl the spear and transport to the location is very 'shadow strike' from Shadow of Mordor/War.

Loving this game though, the sheer scale is incredible. The combat feels nicer as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom