Assassin’s Creed Origins

Man of Honour
What does that mean? The adaptive thing? I turned it off. Is it best to leave it on then?

It says it adjusts AA on the fly to keep performance at a set fps. It eats up some vram, but the game doesn't seem to use much of that anyway. Haven't switched it off since I can't see any jaggies and fps holds at a solid 60.

First SP game I've wanted in a while but don't think my 1080 will cope very well with it at 4k, likely pick it up when it's cheap.

The CPU seems to struggle more than the GPU at 1440p. I wonder how it would perform at 4K.

Soldato
It says it adjusts AA on the fly to keep performance at a set fps. It eats up some vram, but the game doesn't seem to use much of that anyway. Haven't switched it off since I can't see any jaggies and fps holds at a solid 60.
Interesting; I'm already pushing my luck playing at 3440p on a 980Ti but will definitely give this a go at a setting of 45FPS later.

Man of Honour
Interesting; I'm already pushing my luck playing at 3440p on a 980Ti but will definitely give this a go at a setting of 45FPS later.

I went from drops to 8fps to a solid 60 by setting AA at a targeted 60fps and also a total fps limit of 60 with the other frame rate setting. I was only hitting 80-90fps anyway and it didn't feel smooth. It is now very smooth. So worth a try!

Man of Honour

In my case the 1080Ti is only working at 70%. My CPU is usually 90-100%. Doesn't surprise me about the 6-8 core love. Ubisoft do love to tax the CPU with their games. Shame more isn't pushed to the GPU.

Soldato
If I put some eaten apples on top of my CPU that should help.

Still got 2 mace weapons and 3 shields to level up so that's the goal for today while I am at Siwa, maybe a Bizar if I can get the cash.

Soldato
I'm baffled as to how I get to use the hidden blade which I obtained earlier in the game, on previous AC games you could walk up behind an enemy & stab them with it but it doesn't seem to work that way with origins unless I'm missing something, I press attack & out comes the big sword, what am I doing wrong?

Associate
I'm baffled as to how I get to use the hidden blade which I obtained earlier in the game, on previous AC games you could walk up behind an enemy & stab them with it but it doesn't seem to work that way with origins unless I'm missing something, I press attack & out comes the big sword, what am I doing wrong?

Only works with assasinations I think.

Soldato
Heh; In the same boat. I've not been able to assassinate anyone yet! It’s all been take-downs and button mashing :) It is annoying that you can't pick and dump guards who are seemingly just rolling and rocking about on the ground.

Soldato
Huh, so if it's DRM destroying my CPU when playing, even though I've paid for it, I'll get the cracked version when it's up so I don't have to kill my CPU like that. And likely get a nice boost in performance... Ohhh ubisoft, you almost won me back over with this reworked AC, but even with this epic game. You're still a bunch of *****.

https://torrentfreak.com/assassins-creed-origin-drm-hammers-gamers-cpus-171030/

Soldato
Huh, so if it's DRM destroying my CPU when playing, even though I've paid for it, I'll get the cracked version when it's up so I don't have to kill my CPU like that. And likely get a nice boost in performance... Ohhh ubisoft, you almost won me back over with this reworked AC, but even with this epic game. You're still a bunch of *****.

https://torrentfreak.com/assassins-creed-origin-drm-hammers-gamers-cpus-171030/

The cracked version will still have the DRM running, it'll just have been bypassed. The only way you can get a performance boost is if the developers choose to remove the DRM like they did with Doom.

Soldato
Then fingers crossed, however, this is ubisoft, so very, VERY unlikely.

People have been reporting the problem and Ubisoft said they're aware. It wouldn't surprise me if they dragged it out as long as possible and the fix they release is just the removal of VMProtect. Once they're past the release window, sales will slow down and DRM won't matter as much.

Associate
Damn I've been determined not to buy until I complete some other games but reading this thread is tempting me too much! Typically the price has gone up as well, really don't want to pay £40 plus!

Man of Honour
People have been reporting the problem and Ubisoft said they're aware. It wouldn't surprise me if they dragged it out as long as possible and the fix they release is just the removal of VMProtect. Once they're past the release window, sales will slow down and DRM won't matter as much.

This seems likely. Wasn't there another Ubisoft title that this happened with and they removed the drm eventually?

Back
Top Bottom