Assassin’s Creed Origins

Soldato
It may be worth trying with the memory at 2666. When I had a 1700X the memory would pass any stress test I could throw at it but many games would crash if the memory was clocked > 2666, and that was with B-die although on a B350 board.
I'm not a Ryzen hater, just providing my own experience in case it's helpful.

many thanks, i'll give that a go.

i am concerned about the heat from my GPU, the back plate is scoulding hot.

Associate
I have the Aorus 1080Ti which IIRC reaches ~ 73C in the same game - I'll double check that tonight. It is a very graphically demanding game.

Soldato
Thinking of getting this but seems kinda expensive if I want the full experience with its season pass, may wait for the goty edition. Is this game worth it just for the base game alone and maybe come back later on and play through all the dlc once released.
How will it play on my pc:
6700k stock
16gb ram
1080 hybrid
3440x1440

Soldato
Fair enough I think I'll just buy the base game on my next pay day at the end of the month, I'll wait on the season pass till they are all out then see if it's worth it.

Deluxe edition is that worth the £3 quid extra?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not needed, you get a point everytime you level up, clear a tomb, do a hermit location and level up once you hit level cap. By the end of my playthrough I'd unlocked everything on the ability tree and chucking points into master ones.

Okay I'll save the £3 for the original.

Soldato
What's the recommended difficulty setting on this and can the game be played with no HUD. Not to compare it to Witcher 3 but that game is a lot better on death march and HUD off.

Associate
The MSI 1080 Ti on ultra settings at 1440p will give you a non stop 80 FPS in this game.... not sure why so many of you get so hot mine stays at around 60c to 65c on max load but then I do have my profile curve to kick in when it reaches 60c and fans run at 100%

The game is stunning thou but it just feels like a grind , currently at level 15

I made a little Vid here at ultra settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eqK9BNvJD0

Last edited:
Soldato
What's the recommended difficulty setting on this and can the game be played with no HUD. Not to compare it to Witcher 3 but that game is a lot better on death march and HUD off.

No recommended but they added Nightmare for people who wanted a 'real' challenge, you can drop the difficulty via in game menu whenever if that is too hardcore.

Back
Top Bottom