Assassin’s Creed Origins

Soldato
I think this is just one of those games that sees a benefit from more then 4 cores really, but with higher core count CPU's, its pretty buttery smooth and find the GPU is holding back performance more often then not.

Man of Honour
My i7 4770K just about manages, but it is clearly bottle necking my GPU. Still rarely get below 50fps though. Will no doubt need to upgrade for the next AC game (or with the crazy GPU prices revert to a console and 4K TV).

Soldato
What's the second DLC like, worth a purchase?

I enjoyed it, not massively long, but the environments in the afterworld are done very well and at higher levels there is some challenge to the battles. It is worth it IMO, but I enjoyed this AC game a fair bit in general so more of the same but refined was fun for me!

Man of Honour
Well enjoyed the new DLC. 8/10 for me.

Beautiful environments, mystic enemies, great looking new gear, level cap to 55, lots of new content, fun idea. Very much enjoyed this and fulfilled my final fix of AC Origins. Looking forward to the next AC game. More than double my previous game time of any other AC game.

Associate
Have to say I’m still really enjoying this game. I normally get bored after month or so but still find myself playing this a few hours a week atleast. Done the main mission now on the 1st DLC.

Did have some stuttering with my 1080 and Ryzen 1600 when I was getting 70-80fps but lowered some details to get 90-100. It’s now really smooth and much better to play.

Associate
I have a pretty fast system I think, but I get constant hitches playing that game. I had to uninstall it in the end, it was just too obvious in places and really took me out of the game.

For reference I have a Ryzen 1700 4Ghz 16 3200Mhz ram and 1080Ti.

Associate
I've heard good reviews of this game and got it bundled with a new HDD during last Black Friday sales.

I would not be doing the game justice with a 5 year old system, so just waiting on the new GPU now.

Soldato
Does this game crash or freeze for anyone else?

I've been having lots of issues with my 8 pack ram but thought I'd solved it.

One day I can play 3-4hrs no problems. The next day crash and freeze twice in one hour.

Hard to tell now if it's the game that's unstable or the ram.

I guess for more accurate results I should use the Ryzen dram calculator.

Back
Top Bottom