Assassin’s Creed Origins

Soldato
Runs like absolute trash for me. i7 2600k @ 5.1ghz, R9 290 with a mild overclock. I can barely manage a stable 30fps at High settings and there seems to be a lot of frame hitching going on. Feels dreadful to play and I'm only in the first area (Siwa) right now. If only I could get a refund :/

FarCry 5 runs at 80fps maxxed out for me but this is a mess.

Soldato
Runs like absolute trash for me. i7 2600k @ 5.1ghz, R9 290 with a mild overclock. I can barely manage a stable 30fps at High settings and there seems to be a lot of frame hitching going on. Feels dreadful to play and I'm only in the first area (Siwa) right now. If only I could get a refund :/

FarCry 5 runs at 80fps maxxed out for me but this is a mess.

It's your CPU, unfortunately.

Soldato
It's your CPU, unfortunately.
Yeah, after doing some reading I can see it likes multi-core CPU's. Well this is the first game ever to really make me feel uncomfortable whilst playing because every other title runs totally well and the stacked ton of DRM on this game doesn't help matters either. Should have just got it on my PS4 Pro in hindsight.

Man of Honour
Play around with the settings. I was getting 80-90fps maxed out (so was my CPU), but stuttery as hell. Can't remember what I changed, might have been AA or a frame limiter. Sorted it out.

Soldato
Just installed this and going to have to play around with the settings as well. I was never going to play it maxed out at 1440p and 4790k with RX480 8GB but rather choppy right now at 'Very High'. Anywhere between 25 and 40FPS so far in the starting area.

EDIT: Went from 'Very High to 'Ultra High' and actually gained couple FPS? Does also look quite a bit better, must be some lighting effects.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also having the same issue as others, GTX 1070 MSI 8GB and an i5 6600k @ 3.5Ghz here.

Medium settings (LOL) provides an incredible 40-50 fps. Very stuttery though. Almost feels unplayable. R6 and Far cry both run at 90 fps + on Ultra settings.

I feel robbed.

Soldato
I ultimately lost interest in the game as the period doesn't interest me and combat was very meh. I did turn AA down to low with rest 'Ultra High' (barely noticeable difference) which made FPS better in starting zones, but getting to Alexandria it started to dip below 40 and became a stuttery mess again. I could probably find a sweet spot with some tweaking, but after around 6 hours the game just wasn't clicking with me.

Good looking game from a design point of view, but not sure the graphics are quite all that, but then again my machine is no beast and 1440p monitor hammers the RX480 8GB. Just don't know what it is about it that makes it so stuttery but then again I hear it's apparently been a problem with previous AC games.

Soldato
Never played an Assassin's Creed before but bought this the other day in the e3 sale, with the 20% off :)

Really enjoying the game and setting, and runs very smooth on my pc. No crashes yet. i7-4790k & 1080Ti at 1440 with gsync. All the settings at max.

I do wish there was a way to turn some of the help prompts off though, I don't need reminding every time to release the bird. I've done a search but can't find any way of turning the prompt off :(

Soldato
Well I'm 54hrs in with 68% completed so far and am at Lv40 so far. I purchased the season pass yesterday as it is 50% off on uPlay for £17.50.

I have to agree with WAB (WorthABuy) though - Melee combat is just crap - hopefully it'll be refined in Odyssey but knowing Ubisoft... I've just button mashed my way through most of the harder parts of the game, and force-stealthed my way through the remaining bits. Using the Crossbow does indeed get better later on and I do enjoy hunting Phylakes, they make for a superb challenge.

Performance for me became better after getting out of the long tutorial bits, and finally reaching Siwa. Turning Anti-Alaising to Medium definately helped with fps and got me a messy 30-50 with my R9 290@1080p running at mostly max settings. There is still hitching going on in a lot of places though so I can't say that the game is 'smooth'. Really should have bought this on my PS4 Pro but I wouldn't have got it as cheap as I did (£20).

Gameplay I do enjoy a lot, especially the exploration aspect but blimey the missions etc are so incredibly repetitive that I am having to play for short periods before taking a break. They may have created a stunning world but the missions they have populated it with are just weak and antiquated compared to Witcher 3 or even Fallout 4. Grinding has never been more dull and I was happy upon maxing out all the upgrade slots on my gear only to see added slots when I bought the season pass! Thanks a lot Tomb of the Pharoahs!

Soldato
Funnily enough that's how I felt, played a little Witcher 3 before and to me this just felt like a weaker RPG. This AC is a lot more "flat" and less urban compared to rooftop hopping of other games in the series (not that I played many of them).

That coupled with the weak and unengaging combat made me lose interest in it. I may come back later on when I've gotten through few other games.

I do recognise that the world they have created is fantastic and greatly detailed (that is what Ubisoft are normally good at) but I don't think it's for me as the era isn't particularly interesting to myself. Definitely know that I won't be touching Odyssey as it's more of the same.

Part of the appeal for me in previous games was the Colonial era and I'm still hoping to play through the Paris and London games at some points. Still wondering if I should play through Rogue as I loved Black Flag but hear conflicting things.

Man of Honour
I think the era has a lot to do with the appeal of the games in the series, for example I find the Ancient world and Ancient civilizations infinitely more interesting than things from the past several hundred years , so previous AC games have had little appeal to me compared to Ancient Egypt/Greece.

Soldato
This game is a CPU heavy game. (As have all previous AC games)

The likes of Far Cry 5 are GPU bound.

---

Although the game is enjoyable, it really is nothing like previous AC games.

The mechanics are totally different. It's like they said right we need to do a reboot of this game as we're not happy where this is going.

Soldato
'Finished' the main campaign with 70hrs played. It wasn't too bad for the most part, and I was more interested in the history of the Creed and the Lost Civilisation, which is slowly being unravaled even post game completion via the tombs. Despite my issues with gameplay elements mentioned just above it is an extremely well put together game. It is a shame that FarCry 5 couldn't have equally as good playtime compared to this. Still got a ton of stuff to do ingame not to mention the 2x DLC's! :o

I am still annoyed by the fact that the 'Creed' begins here, and yet the sodding hidden blade that made its appearance ingame was revealed to have come from 'ancient times'.

9/10

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The mechanics are totally different. It's like they said right we need to do a reboot of this game as we're not happy where this is going.

I think you're right, thats what they did. Before Origins there were A LOT of people saying that the franchise should be put to bed, that it was a dead franchise which had become stale and was going nowhere. They changed things up with Origins and yes, its not REALLY an Assassins game (Odyssey even less so it seems) but I dont really care, its the first AC game that I found really enjoyable for ages, the first one I completed for ages and the first one that I 100%'d out of the entire franchise. For me at least, the changes they made absolutely brought the series back as something I wanted to play, indeed if I hadnt enjoyed Origins as much as I did I wouldnt even be buying Odyssey..as it is, its a day one purchase for me.

Soldato
One move missing from this game is the double assassination. Usually you can walk up to two enemies who don't see you and double assassinate.
I seriously missed that. Luckily you can use Senu to help by distracting one individual, whilst you assassinate the other and finish off the remaining one. Using the chain assassination perk was fiddly at best.

Soldato
Yesterday when I logged in I received a message about how the community achieved their objective and as I had been a part of it I was being awarded a sword called a Sun blade or sometime.

Except it's nowhere to be seen. Nothing in my inventory.

---

Also why don't the God quests disappear when you complete them?

Soldato
Anyone know if there is a point to Horde mode in the Cyrene Arena? I got to Wave 23 and just gave up from boredom, so I jumped into the pit to commit suicide. I was Lv46 and the enemy levels were increasing with each wave but it was just boring as hell and repetitive. Turned out I got 1750xp and a bunch of cash for all that :/ I was hoping for humanoid bosses to arrive at some point en masse but it was standard soldiers for the most part.

Yesterday when I logged in I received a message about how the community achieved their objective and as I had been a part of it I was being awarded a sword called a Sun blade or sometime.

Except it's nowhere to be seen. Nothing in my inventory.

Also why don't the God quests disappear when you complete them?
Hmm as I understood it, community items are delivered to your inventory. Sure you haven't hidden the weapon by accident? I beat Sobek and Sekhmet earlier and had something delivered to me for my reward.

No idea about the last question either. Both trial of the gods are still on my map too.

Soldato
Anyone know if there is a point to Horde mode in the Cyrene Arena? I got to Wave 23 and just gave up from boredom, so I jumped into the pit to commit suicide. I was Lv46 and the enemy levels were increasing with each wave but it was just boring as hell and repetitive. Turned out I got 1750xp and a bunch of cash for all that :/ I was hoping for humanoid bosses to arrive at some point en masse but it was standard soldiers for the most part.

Hmm as I understood it, community items are delivered to your inventory. Sure you haven't hidden the weapon by accident? I beat Sobek and Sekhmet earlier and had something delivered to me for my reward.

No idea about the last question either. Both trial of the gods are still on my map too.

How do I unhide? I'll have a look.

Back
Top Bottom