Assetto Corsa Competizione

Soldato
Disappointed with the vr implemented, first there is no mouse pointer in vr? Figured out you need to bind the menu controls separately. Finally managed to get into the car and wow it looks rubbish(compared to pc2) had a fiddle with the settings but it didn't really have an effect. Need to have a look if anyone has any better settings.

Soldato
Disappointed with the vr implemented, first there is no mouse pointer in vr? Figured out you need to bind the menu controls separately. Finally managed to get into the car and wow it looks rubbish(compared to pc2) had a fiddle with the settings but it didn't really have an effect. Need to have a look if anyone has any better settings.
I’ve had my controls bound since day one so didn’t have that problem. I found that the lambo looks far better in vr than the Bentley.

Associate
This is annoying,load up for first time and it sees mt T300 wheel.

However, I can only assign shift up, down, lights etc but not brake, throttle or steering input. Any ideas??

Fixed - no idea what i did!"!"

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, the views are a little odd but think i saw the ability to tweak the position in the options menus if you havent seen it but dont know if they help much.

Haven't tried VR yet so hope thats half decent.

1.58 best lap so far on the ring with only a few laps completed - keep locking turn 1! Enjoying it though, it's certinly challenging!

Looking forward to trying out the Misano circuit - didnt see the option for it! prob just missed it - UI isn't too friendly yet!

Associate
well my wheel died this morning so no more until I can find a new wheel hopefully locally,its been disconnecting on its own a few times now so RIP old friend lol.

yes you can raise the seat position in the menu and move it back/forwards as well as tilt.

Soldato
Try this: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/vr-how-to.51983/page-8#post-1000678

The ingame sharpening filter in the options menu doesn't work in VR.

There is the possibility to at an sharpening filter manually in to UE4 games.
Make sure you can see hidden folders!!

Go to:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

and edit:
Engine.ini

(Set TAA to 'Epic or High' ingame for this to work properly. Edit Tonemapper.Sharpen how you like it.)

Place this in the Engine.ini file below everything else:

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=4

I set sharpen to 3.

My in-game settings.
Have a play with resolution scale, as it can be adjusted in the pause/options menu.
20181012211354-1.jpg

I'd also advise setting it to 45fps with tray tool to avoid ASW.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just booted it up, serious problems. No UI in game, the audio jumps to my speakers as soon as I hit the menu, and it looks and performs worse than pcars 2. Right now I'm looking for a reason not to hit refund. I did manage to get to the track by more luck then judgement, only did one lap and now I have ******** motion sickness, no racing game has ever done that to me!!

Soldato
Yeah I understand. The UI seems to work now, aside from it being a little distant to the top left I can just make it out. The slow fly by is a terrible idea, a slow slide to either the left or right is going to give most problems.

The audio is a weird one, the intro plays through the headset, as soon the menu drops it jumps to the speakers. My audio settings are still mapped correctly and there's nothing in game to change things.

I turned everything down or off, it ran OK and looked OK, there was still a little frame skipping though. Thing is I know a 1070 is under cutting things 2 years down the line, I 'could' go and buy a 2080/ti tomorrow. That's the question though, is it worth it for ACC, will it improve that much.... it plays a heck of a lot like AC so I see it as a way forward, but I think the simplicity of AC suits where VR is at right now if I'm being honest, or at least looking at it from a pauper with a 1070.

Back
Top Bottom