Assetto Corsa Competizione

Associate
Is anyone else completely unable to remap keys with this?

works when not in vr but in vr I cant either use the keyboard or re map keys.

makes it completely unplayable and im dying to try it out again.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone any tips to smooth out the frame pacing in vr in this?

Either locking frames at 45 or full 90 the pacing is all over the place and makes the game unplayable for me.

Soldato
I'm waiting for the release and sticking to the original AC for VR for now, ACC needs more optimising.
Top systems seem to be ok though

Soldato
So finally got around to buying this. And I'm really enjoying it.

My only problem with it so far is the AI. Although fast.. Once they meet a pack they dont seem to be able to get them selves out..... Just turns into a conga line!

Soldato
Anyone any tips to smooth out the frame pacing in vr in this?

Either locking frames at 45 or full 90 the pacing is all over the place and makes the game unplayable for me.

What works for me on the vive, is to set the steam SS at 2.0 and keep the density and scale in game at the lowest settings with everything else on epic. It runs 95% stable at a smooth frame rate when enabling steams motion smoothing. I touch either of those two settings and it starts to ripple. For me the game looks as good as it's going to look unless somebody magic sauces it. It's still nowhere near PC2 in terms of raw fidelity, Slightly Mad really did something special with that.

The game itself is impressing me no end. It's got a wonderful weighty feel when driving the car, and the game world scales to it with the unreal engine that doesn't seem as flat as the old one in AC.

Tire and car damage is brutal though, online is a nightmare if you get caught up in it. I was getting frustrated earlier losing position when avoiding people making mistakes in front of me, one touch when your racing with others all within 1 second of each other and your heading to the pits because your tires get boned and any kind of heavy damage your car just doesn't steer:)

Even though I was gonna buy it anyway, I was underwhelmed before, now I can't wait for the full release and some sort of league, tournament to kick off.

Soldato
Online seems to be down, who'd had flunk it...

Performance seems to be no worse than it was before the update, or in a glass half full, no better for those with struggling hardware.

The buttons that were hosed in VR still seemed to be, so I'll take a stab at it and say still no chat:)

Of the few cars I've tried they seem tidy. Loving the McLaren, it was a joy to rip it up eau rouge in the middle of an AI pack. The scale of the cars and the roar of the engines make doing that a pure pleasure.

Id imagine there's going to be some moaning, a lot seemed to be dysfunctional, perhaps VR menu related. Had to close the exe on my desktop after it locked up and wouldn't button press the advance after completing the first practice session in the career mode:O

Soldato
Any idea if this has proper triple screen support yet?

Can't try it myself just now, but there is mention of ' Projection Correction' in the changelog.

UE4 doesn't support multiple displays properly, so Kunos talked about adding a 'screen space distortion' effect to reduce the warping in the side views.

Maybe that's what 'Projection Correction' is?

Back
Top Bottom