Assetto Corsa Competizione

Soldato
I wouldn't say it's worth it. Not like you're gonna get 90fps with decent settings anyway.
If you're happy with your card in everything else, then sit tight and see how well it gets optimised by the time it's properly released.

Personally, I think this gen is worth skipping if you already have something decent.

Associate
Yeah I understand. The UI seems to work now, aside from it being a little distant to the top left I can just make it out. The slow fly by is a terrible idea, a slow slide to either the left or right is going to give most problems.

The audio is a weird one, the intro plays through the headset, as soon the menu drops it jumps to the speakers. My audio settings are still mapped correctly and there's nothing in game to change things.

I turned everything down or off, it ran OK and looked OK, there was still a little frame skipping though. Thing is I know a 1070 is under cutting things 2 years down the line, I 'could' go and buy a 2080/ti tomorrow. That's the question though, is it worth it for ACC, will it improve that much.... it plays a heck of a lot like AC so I see it as a way forward, but I think the simplicity of AC suits where VR is at right now if I'm being honest, or at least looking at it from a pauper with a 1070.

The games doesn't auto switch the audio to your VR headset so you just need to set it as the default playback device in windows. A bit of a pain but hey, it's early access. Hopefully they can find some good performance improvements in VR as the little driving that I've done so far is really good.

Soldato
Well, I finally got around to giving it a proper go with the wheel, having not touched it since the day one FFB awfulness/no VR, aaaand.... They've done a great job with sorting out the FFB!
Little touches like the marbles are pretty cool too.

Soldato
Definitely holding off on this gen of cards.

The FFB does feel much improved which is good and I’m sure VR will only get better. Shame about the deferred rendering though as it does make AA weird in VR

Soldato
The games doesn't auto switch the audio to your VR headset so you just need to set it as the default playback device in windows

Cheers Stephen, that's the answer to the question nobody else seemed to be asking. Now need to find somebody doing a show and tell with a 1070 setting guide.

Associate
Cheers Stephen, that's the answer to the question nobody else seemed to be asking. Now need to find somebody doing a show and tell with a 1070 setting guide.
I'd suggest using the oculus debug tool to tune the settings. Forget about trying to get 90FPS in race unless you have a 2080ti and 5Ghz i7 8700K or similar. Aim to hold 45fps and rely on ASW if you can stomach it. I've got everything on medium bar effects on high and res scale at 120% This gets it done with my 1080 and i7 4930K. Post processing is the big FPS killer when going from low to mid along with res scale. For a 1070 I'd suggest post processing at low and res scale at 100%. AA set to high+temporal.

I'm getting a little addicted to this game despite having done something to my right arm a few weeks back which makes driving a little painful. Just having fun extracting the most out of the car over a single lap, only really driven the Lambo so far. Managed to get into the top 50 (for now) on the special event challenge with the Lambo supperpole at Nürburgring with a damp track. 2:00:6:xx, two seconds off the current lead time.

Soldato
On a Vive so 45 and the ASW is out of the window and one of the reasons it's hard to dig up info. Most conversations seem to start with the ASW, and recent SteamVR versions have took us further away from a credible solution of parity. I can live with lower frames, so ill take your advice on the rest of it as I wasn't aware post was such a killer. The fact people such as yourself are having a decent time with it on 1080 does give me some hope as a 70 isn't a million miles away, and 1080ti's are tumbling.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
It's out now.

0.3 Changelog

- New BMW M6 GT3
- New Circuit Paul Ricard
- Introduced Practice Session Multiplayer Mode
- Introduced 3 Hours and 6 Hours Endurance race weekend
- New online Special Events with new content and online leaderboard
- Old offline Special Events (quick races) made available
- Setup Alignment Caster modification is now possible
- Setup bumpstop UP range is now in stable offset with wheel rate.
- Adjustments to the dry tyre model rolling resistance
- Adjustments to the rain tyre mode rolling resistance
- Wet and water surface rolling resistance and aero drag adjustments
- Brake ducts preparation on setup screen. Not yet available
- Fixed steering ratio right selector issue
- Fixed values on setup screen
- Improved trasmission and engine wobble and vibration simulation
- Improved start assist
- Improved TC logic
- TC logic simulation now takes into account engine and drivetrain vibration and tries to protect system malfunction.
- Improved pitlane limiter function.
- Pitlane limiter only available in 1st gear, disengages if 2nd gear selected.
- Ram-Air simulation for normal aspirated engines.
- Improvements on Lamborghini Huracán steering geometry
- Improvements and adjustments on all preset setups
- Introducing dirt buildup on cars (step 1)
- Fixed Bentley ABS same value 2
- Fixed Bentley Continental display issues with speed limiter
- Fixed gamepad deadzone forced in UE4
- Fixed z-fighting problem in replays
- Added Pixel Density setting in Video options for VR:
Pixel Density requires Resolution Scale to be set to 100
removing external workarounds (e.g. modified engine.ini) recommended
- Nameplates with text scaling in screen space, and settings in nameplateSettings.json:
textMinSizePerc: to make the text size bigger/smaller
minVisibleSizePerc: to make it disappear sooner/later
- Added Replay tyre compounds, track lights and car dirt status
- New audio device selector in audio options
- Improved spatialization for tyres sound and all related effects
- Reworked logic for skid and scrub sound effects
- Tweaked dirtiness volume related to its level
- Tweaked distance attenuation for exterior sounds
- Radio comms resource usage optimization (loading audio on demand)
- Events poliphony optimization
- Fix missing exterior engine in some rare cases with chase camera
- Minor audio fixes
- Performance optimizations in the game thread
- Mouse not interfering with D-Pad \ Keyboard menu navigation anymore
- Added new menu page Driver Profile (only Rating section available at the moment)
- Fixed drivers without helmet in VR

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom