Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Associate
There has recently been an Oculus update, but it’s only AC that does this...I even played a little bit of ATS and ETS2 last weekend just to chill out and they work fine.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, it was the same for me.
There was also a long running issue where I wasn't getting the performance I should have been getting in AC, and that was only solved by a Windows reinstall. No other games or benches were affected by the issue and AC (on a different drive) didn't need to be reinstalled either.
PC's are just weird sometimes.

Have you tried using the standard launcher to rule out a possible CM issue?

Associate
I've launched from CM, Steam, SteamVr on, steamvr off, desktop, SimCom software. Same result whichever way. I set output to monitor and fired up the server, exited the game restarted pc went back in and switched back to Rift and no change. It's odd, it clearly thinks it's in VR because the headtracking is working, it's just displaying on the monitor instead of in the rift...is there a novrmirror option for AC? That might force it.

Soldato
OP
Documents>assetto corsa>cfg>oculus.ini

[MIRROR_TEXTURE]
ENABLED=0

Will disable that (and leave you with a red screen).

FWIW I've put up a thread on RD to see if anyone else has any ideas.
You don't have Oculus set to start with admin rights do you?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yep. A lot of people aren't happy about it and are complaining about extra resources being used as a result.
Haven't had a problem with it myself, though it would be nice to have an option for those that don't care about a fancy home VR space.

Just to check, is the oculus software running when you launch AC?

Soldato
OP
NP.
Also do yourself a favour and grab Content Manager. It'll make everything a lot easier, especially installing mods.
The free version will do for now. If you like it and want more functionality, simply donate literally a couple of Euro to unlock the full version.

I know it seems like you're getting the kitchen sink thrown at you with a game you've never even played, but trust me on this :)

Soldato
NP.
Also do yourself a favour and grab Content Manager. It'll make everything a lot easier, especially installing mods.
The free version will do for now. If you like it and want more functionality, simply donate literally a couple of Euro to unlock the full version.

I know it seems like you're getting the kitchen sink thrown at you with a game you've never even played, but trust me on this :)

All good advice gratefully received. Thanks Petey, much appreciated.

Edit: any background material or videos you'd recommend as compulsory for complete newcomers to the game? (I've played a few sim-ish games over the years - Geoff Crammonds GP series, Richard Burns Rally and more recently, Dirt Rally - but not AC.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom