Assetto Corsa

Associate
I'm not a fan of F1 cars but had a blast around spa in the F1 2004 last night and quite enjoyed it screaming like a banshee (the car not me)...still prefer the 330 though

Associate
Here's a few old circuits that you might like to drive with your old school cars. https://actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot
Spa '66 is pretty cool and very different to the modern circuit we all know. Makes you understand how easily some drivers were killed there back in the day... Trackside detail is pretty damn good.
Monaco '66 is really well done too. Yeah, the spectators are all cardboard cutouts, but he's populated all the balconies and it's ok when you're whizzing by.
Also check out Fuji '68 for some big turn 1 banking action.

There's also Donington Park 1938 which I haven't yet tried.
Thanks for the link to that reboot project website Uncle Petey, there are some pretty nice tracks on there..;)

Soldato
Drove for 2-3 hours at the weekend and then same again last night. Absolutely loving the 250GTO; drives like it's on ice with cold tyres but once warmed up it's got a grip/speed balance that just makes it huge fun. Understeer, oversteer, constantly correcting the car but having so much wiggle room with these corrections you can't really crash it. Plus it sounds awesome! Driving it up the Transfagarasan hill climb track was a joy :D

I've gone through a lot of those old tracks. Spa 66 is just brutally fast, really need a lot more time on the track to remember the breaking points. So many crashes! Donington 1938 was good fun too, took a few laps to stop me braking far, far too early after the back straight. The old Monaco was a good crack too :)

Soldato
Yeah, like I said, you can understand why so many drivers copped it at the old Spa :(
Getting launched into a field, a house, a tree or going through barbed wire etc. No joke! Those guys had balls.

Associate
Soldato
I have 90fps on all max settings on native Occulus setting :p

As for tracks for historic cars, this Goodwood mod is a must http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/goodwood-circuit.141009/
It uses laser scan data, so it is bumpy as hell, but in a good way. Great drive in the Ferrari 250GTO and the like.

Its almost weird how similar the drivning is to this RL onbard

In other news:
The confirmed free bonus pack DLC will contain:
  • Laguna Seca Circuit (Laser scanned)
  • Alfa Rome Giulia QV
  • Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
  • Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
  • Lamborghini Huracan Performante
  • Maserati Quattroporte
  • Pagani Huayra BC
No exact release date has been confirmed by Kunos, however it is expected that players will be in receipt of the new content before the end of 2017.

Last edited:
Soldato
Laguna Seca should be good :) Not a bad set of extra cars too, as much as I'd love some more non Italian drives... Where's that British dlc that was rumored a while back, would love some official Jags, TVRs, Caterham and the road version of the McLaren F1!

Associate
I see you guys are putting links to racedepartment, i take part in the races on there it's great, The standard of driving is so much better than public racing. It made me enjoy AC so much more. Its only 10 bux for a membership for 12 month's. Can not recommend them enough

Associate
I see you guys are putting links to racedepartment, i take part in the races on there it's great, The standard of driving is so much better than public racing. It made me enjoy AC so much more. Its only 10 bux for a membership for 12 month's. Can not recommend them enough
Thanks for a tip:) I am getting back to simracing soon, will use it for sure.

Soldato

I did the same but havent got round to doing any races yet, i must make time to take part in these races for sure

Soldato
RD casual races nights are great, id recommend joining to anybody looking to be part of a friendly community.
Fridays in the slower mx5's and tt are a great place to start. The gt3 races are fantastic, and the dtm's they ran on Tuesdays were a real highlight.

For the price of a tenner, it's incredible value for what's on offer.

Soldato
RD casual races nights are great, id recommend joining to anybody looking to be part of a friendly community.
Fridays in the slower mx5's and tt are a great place to start. The gt3 races are fantastic, and the dtm's they ran on Tuesdays were a real highlight.

For the price of a tenner, it's incredible value for what's on offer.
Is this the premium thing on RD?

Back
Top Bottom