• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus 7990 - £399.99 pre-order. Is this for real??

The noise thing is, aside from being subjective, also the reviews I've read don't state it' overly noisy. That said, I have seen the coil whine videos.. Even thoguh it's such a good price I'm still really dubious, my last AMD experience was not good.

One card in a fully stressed status (in-game) reaches only 40 dBA, which is quiet operation in our tested environment. Overall these are excellent results with silent numbers. - Guru3d

Ultimately AMD hasn’t been able to best Titan in our noise measurements, but that just makes 7990 among the quietest multi-GPU cards we’ve ever tested. We’ll break down the messy issue of power versus performance in our conclusion, but for now it’s clear that AMD has delivered most of their noise goals with the 7990, making the 7990 an incredible improvement over the 6990 and the PowerColor 7990.-anandatech

I guess I can buy the Waterblock at a later date.

Mr Gibbo - Sir you are a legend. I have place my order for the 7990.

I have to flog the R9 280X + Heatkiller 79X0 waterblock that I just received this week somehow now.

Serious question. For games like Battlefield 4, would an upgrade from a 670gtx to 7990 be the better option over an upgrade to a single 290x.

Crossfire still makes me worry about the 7990 for some games and micro-stutter myths.

All these deals on gfx cards are making me hungry to upgrade, like many others though i'm just undecided on what to do :D

My current motherboard has too poor a layout for xfire and my PSU could do with upgrading for the 7990/290x, need to stay stong and resist!

I don't know why OCUK are doing to us aside from brain frying us. At £400, if you have the money for a new graphics card, I see little reason why you'd get anything else. I'm still gobsmacked - like just completely lost for words as to how this thing is £400 with change for a penny sweet (if you can find one)

Back
Top Bottom