** ASUS DO IT AGAIN: IPS, 144Hz & FREESYNC!!! Asus MG279Q thread **

Caporegime
Every one might as well cancel tbh as chances are something just as good or better will be announced/released by the time asus get these back in stock, they missed their chance.

Soldato
It looks as bloody awful as you'd expect it to. The point of adaptive synch, whether VESA or NVIDIA is to remove any screen tearing or jitter without the frame times / input lag associated with vsynch (and obviously it's adaptive). It can't magically make less than 60 refreshes (and frames) a second look decent or not give eye strain.

For anyone sensitive to low refresh rates (some people don't seem to notice or be bothered by them), it's horrendous.

Why would I expect it to look bloody awful? 60hz vsync'd looks fine to me and 48fps vsync is only 20% lower... 30fps vsync looks "bloody awful" yes but 48hz is closer to 60 than 30 and 48fps is not that jerky looking, where 30fps is very obviously jerky. I wont be buying AMD for at least another year so is it worth getting a 144hz screen if am not using VRR? eg. vsync at 48 / 72 vs 60 /30 and 144hz with no vsync in games like cs:go. Does seem a bit pointless buying a 144hz monitor that will be at 48fpshalf of the time.. But this monitor is not much more than a 60hz screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dont expect answer from Asus rep sent him pm about a mobo never got reply tried 3 times. Asus are really piling up on the **** list at the moment.

Associate
Has there ever been a thread in the monitor section of a forum so long and no one has ever even used the monitor?

Least Asus might be breaking some type of record with this

Associate
Has there ever been a thread in the monitor section of a forum so long and no one has ever even used the monitor?

Least Asus might be breaking some type of record with this

The Swift was even longer ... and it had and still has a laundry list of defects and issues.

Associate
I got in trouble for mentioning another website, whoops!

But elsewhere has an ETA of June 19th for the monitor to arrive back in stock, maybe OCUK can confirm?

Associate
Jim-ASUS now seems to have never posted in this thread. Nice work Asus-OcUK.

Looks like he's been demoted to Jim99, so maybe left the company? Not a bad time to do so considering how this saga is playing out :rolleyes:

That's correct, I no longer work for ASUS. Nothing to do with the monitor or anything like that, I was simply offered a job with another company that I decided to take. I should probably have put something more formal up on the boards, but a) I didn't have much time and b) it seemed a bit narcissistic to start a brand new thread all about my departure.

FWIW, I'm confident this will be a good monitor when it's out. I'm sure one will be out to TFTCentral when they're good and ready and we'll all get a much stronger idea of whether we're interested in purchasing. I'm running NVIDIA graphics right now, so Swift is more appropriate but I'm still a bit on the fence awaiting the next GPU release.

Dont expect answer from Asus rep sent him pm about a mobo never got reply tried 3 times. Asus are really piling up on the **** list at the moment.

If you mean you've been PM'ing me, then sorry - I hadn't updated my email so I guess any Trust messages would have gone to a now-deactivated email address. I assure you I wouldn't have intentionally ignored any messages.

If you want to send Trust messages now then you're welcome to, but obviously I can only offer opinions etc.

Associate
Thanks for clearing that up Jim.

Any idea if we will be getting a new rep on here then?

My role has been advertised, but as far as I know not yet filled. Part of the role was representing ASUS on forums such as OcUK, so I would expect my replacement to also register on here and continue in the same capacity.

For what it's worth, I do think it's important that we're here and ASUS globally are keen for that to happen so I'd hope it continued.

Nice of you to inform us dude :cool:

Where you gone to then, any where interesting/well known ?

Sorry, been noisy :o :p

Non-tech related as it happens, going back to a different industry that I've worked in before, so probably very low on the cool-ometer unfortunately :p

Caporegime
Just came across the job application, looks like a fun job!

And yup, most definitely! Every company should have a community rep on forums like this.

Associate
Apologys if asked before but, I'm assuming that if you have a Nvidia gpu this screen will still be a full normal 120-144hz monitor?, you can just disable the free-sync :confused:. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom