** ASUS DO IT AGAIN: IPS, 144Hz & FREESYNC!!! Asus MG279Q thread **

Soldato
I read somewhere that it might be 35-90hz with overdrive, then 90-144hz without overdrive (with freesync) don't know if that is true or not.

Associate
Gave up waiting for this and got myself a Asus PB258Q IPS , no freesync though , well impressed so far, will go freesync at a later date and pass this onto my lad ;)

Associate
Gave up waiting for this and got myself a Asus PB258Q IPS , no freesync though , well impressed so far, will go freesync at a later date and pass this onto my lad ;)

Andyr how is uniformity on PB258Q? I'm interasted in that model to, but I know that Dell U2515H have the same panel and people have complained a lot and rma them. What's the story with PB258Q? Is it good for gaming to?

Associate
Andyr how is uniformity on PB258Q? I'm interasted in that model to, but I know that Dell U2515H have the same panel and people have complained a lot and rma them. What's the story with PB258Q? Is it good for gaming to?

Very good especially for the money , no backlight bleed , use it mainly for gaming and it's great , very good bright whites and dark blacks , colour took some adjusting as it was a bit too vivid at first, I recommend it to anyone as at £339 it's a great buy

Last edited:
Associate

May still be interested in the MG279Q if the reviews are good

Last edited:
Associate
I was waiting for MG279Q for some time but then few people that bought it confirmed that the screen was dark at 100%. I like bright panels, I need bright panel for Photoshop so it was no go...but I will wait what Mr. Baddass will say on Monday...

Andyr PB258Q sounds good! But you didn't say about uniformity, the Dell U2515H had problem where half of the screen is yellow? Experienced something like that?

Associate
I was waiting for MG279Q for some time but then few people that bought it confirmed that the screen was dark at 100%. I like bright panels, I need bright panel for Photoshop so it was no go...but I will wait what Mr. Baddass will say on Monday...

Andyr PB258Q sounds good! But you didn't say about uniformity, the Dell U2515H had problem where half of the screen is yellow? Experienced something like that?

No problem with Yellow, very bright and very vibrant, needed to turn both colour and brightness down , took quite a few tweaks to get it how I wanted , text is very sharp , very pleased with it , hope to get freesync once it's all sorted

Soldato
No problem with Yellow, very bright and very vibrant, needed to turn both colour and brightness down , took quite a few tweaks to get it how I wanted , text is very sharp , very pleased with it , hope to get freesync once it's all sorted

Do you have the MG279Q?

What is the coating like on it? Is it very light matte / semi glossy coating?

Also how much IPS glow does it have on dark background?

Soldato
Will confirm when we get it :)

Yes gogogogo need a review asap!!! I have been waiting for a review of this screen on TFTcentral for about 6 months now! Hopefully this will have similar specs to the acer with better build quality and bezel etc.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the MG279Q since Friday and I'm happy but... It comes with this...

put large images in spoiler tags please (Ok sorry, im noob hehe)
309rmg1.jpg

2s0l5q8.jpg

I was going to return it but I pressed carefully and here is it in a dark room

90% brightness

2s97lw0.jpg

wsaeyf.jpg

102wchi.jpg
20% brightness + ASCR

10fdj5l.jpg

2co3hgx.jpg

2sbnwol.jpg
At 90 % notice the IPS glow.
Now my concern is this http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/20463-asus-aterkallar-mg279q-efter-upptackt-i-sweclockers-testlabb

120 HZ
2u7sqds.jpg
144 HZ
rvk8eg.jpg
I did RMA and I'm waiting ASUS.

Last edited:
Associate

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot! There is no review for pb258q. So if MG279Q disappoints I will know what to do. ;)

Man of Honour
You promised us man :) c'mon...just couple of thoughts.

ok a couple of comments.

It's using the exact same panel as the Acer XB270HU (AU Optronics M270DAN02.3 AHVA (IPS-type)). The overdrive control is a little different though so response times vary a little between the Asus and Acer. The optimum Trace Free setting is 80 and delivers a good IPS response time performance. Default contrast ratio is excellent at ~1200:1, down to about 1090:1 after calibration but still excellent. default setup is good as well, although some of the presets are a little limited in function. light AG coating as per other recent IPS-type panels

Back
Top Bottom