** ASUS DO IT AGAIN: IPS, 144Hz & FREESYNC!!! Asus MG279Q thread **

Man of Honour
I should have the Asus MG279Q with me Monday for a full review at TFTCentral. will probably take a couple of weeks to complete, but at least we are finally getting hold of one now the bugs have been ironed out :)

Soldato
I should have the Asus MG279Q with me Monday for a full review at TFTCentral. will probably take a couple of weeks to complete, but at least we are finally getting hold of one now the bugs have been ironed out :)

Hi Baddass, is there any chance you could give us your quick out of the box impressions on Monday?

I am probably committing a cardinal sin here or something :p

It's the feeling you get when you setup and turn on a monitor and you just know that you have a quality product. That's all I want, I don't want you to ruin your review or anything. Just what your immediate impressions of the monitor are from your first turn on and try out.

I apologize if this is too much to ask.

Man of Honour
Hi Baddass, is there any chance you could give us your quick out of the box impressions on Monday?

I am probably committing a cardinal sin here or something :p

It's the feeling you get when you setup and turn on a monitor and you just know that you have a quality product. That's all I want, I don't want you to ruin your review or anything. Just what your immediate impressions of the monitor are from your first turn on and try out.

I apologize if this is too much to ask.

I'll try and post s couple of thoughts when it arrives and is set up. Keep an eye on our Twitter feed too for some sneaky peeks as we go :)

Soldato
According to the Press info pack I've been sent it hasn't. Still 35 - 90Hz Freesync range

35-90hz is not a massive problem, but I want to know if this will work with overdrive... Most new games you can't get over 90fps unless you have SLI titan x anyway. But working overdrive + freesync is what I need to know about! Just about to buy this monitor but I would like to know about the overdrive + freesync as that is a big problem on all current freesync monitors, also if they have actually fixed the frame skipping at 144hz that it was recalled for.

Caporegime
An asus rep confirmed a few pages back that overdrive works with freesync and I would be very surprised if ASUS were to re-release the monitor without actually fixing the frame skipping problem :p

Back
Top Bottom