ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2

Are they planning to release a tablet only version?

Hopefully. It'll probably be £400. I've been thinking about ordering one from the USA for $500. Add shipping to that and it'll probably still be less than £400. Can anyone forsee any problems doing it this way? Personally, I have very little need for the keyboard dock.

Got my Prime today :D! CompUSA, Best Buy and Staples never had any so i ended up getting one from gamespot, it was the last they had and it was one that was reserved so they had to ring up the guy who reserved it and he said they can sell it. Happy chappy.

Got my Prime today :D! CompUSA, Best Buy and Staples never had any so i ended up getting one from gamespot, it was the last they had and it was one that was reserved so they had to ring up the guy who reserved it and he said they can sell it. Happy chappy.

Awesome, 2 weeks more waiting :)

If possible it would be great if you confirm if 1080p or even 720p MKVs decode and play smoothly - I expect it will but my TF101 still lags across several media players with 720p .mkv files :(

If possible it would be great if you confirm if 1080p or even 720p MKVs decode and play smoothly - I expect it will but my TF101 still lags across several media players with 720p .mkv files :(

Reading any of the 100 reviews tht test 720p/1080p playback will answer that question for you. :)

Moothead2 - Congrats. We need pictures! Whats it like?

Tegra 3 has everything Tegra 2 lacked - NEON, excellent media processor with wide codec support and a strong GPU.

Haven't had much of a chance to use it yet but I can say its fast and smooth both throughout the menus and in the games ive tried (Riptide, Shadowgun and Sonic CD). Couple of minor problems; it still has that slight lag when typing online such as on here, the book reader can lag at times and a few apps have not responded at times but i'm sure these will be fixed with Android 4.0 :D.

Pros; 32GB Standard storage for the same price as competing 16gb tablets, the overall weight and feel of the device, the smoothness is like a hot knife through butter other than the minor problems above, SuperIPS screen is ery bright and clear, MicroSD slot unlike the tab 10.1, the Tegra 3 updated games look great, I feel a lot less restricted in comparison to the iPad and others yet undescovered :p.

Cons; No 3G is a problem for some, some minor lag issues which i think is down to Android 3.2 and not hardware, Windows keeps crashing when transfering .mkv files to the device but this appears to be an inherent Android issue, pictures that are larger than the screen res are blurry on the default browser and the fact it is open to the elements until a case comes out :(.

Does anyone know if a tab 10.1 case will accomodate the Prime for the most part? The sound adjuster is on the top of the left edge, The power button is on the left on the top edge and the headphone input is about 2in. Down on the right edge.

Last edited:
Pros; 32GB Standard storage for the same price as competing 16gb tablets, the overall weight and feel of the device, the smoothness is like a hot knife through butter other than the minor problems above, SuperIPS screen is ery bright and clear, MicroSD slot unlike the tab 10.1, the Tegra 3 updated games look great, I feel a lot less restricted in comparison to the iPad and others yet undescovered :p.

Cons; No 3G is a problem for some, some minor lag issues which i think is down to Android 3.2 and not hardware, Windows keeps crashing when transfering .mkv files to the device but this appears to be an inherent Android issue, pictures that are larger than the screen res are blurry on the default browser and the fact it is open to the elements until a case comes out :(.

Does anyone know if a tab 10.1 case will accomodate the Prime for the most part? The sound adjuster is on the top of the left edge, The power button is on the left on the top edge and the headphone input is about 2in. Down on the right edge.

cheers mate, yeah 20 days i will be in the states, so quite keen, as for the issue with windows crashing, happens with my spanky new galaxy nexus on android 4 :(

Back
Top Bottom