ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2

Thanks. I want to have 2 primes on my desk in front of me. Need to be on stands and charging so the screens are permanantly on. There is no official charging dock sans keyboard so having to look at other stand alternatives.

Why on earth would anyone want two Android tablets on the desk in front of them? You can't (as far as I know) use them as a monitor, you can't hook them up to work together. I can't actually think of a single valid reason.

My Prime is going back tommorrow. Had it for just over 3 weeks so had a good play. I've found out that I don't really have much use for a tablet - and occasionally I would find it useful - it just lacks the functionality I want and have on my desktop.

I did love the beautiful aesthetics of my champagne prime, soo beautiful and premium. Battery life is excellent. ICS run's well but needs more apps for tablets. Anyway poor wifi, screen bleed, and lack of proper tablet apps are the main reason I'm not willing to splash £500 on this.

Android still has a fair way to go before it can compete with the ipad for the overall experience.

Android is a brilliant platform for tablets. We have both in our house and the TF gets used much more than the iPad2, which has become just a tool for my other half's occasional work trips.

Agreed, I think Kona is confusing ICS on the Prime (with it's inherent problems) to Android as a platform.

I haven't found an app yet that is missing from my TF101 running Honeycomb. ICS is still new, and as such the marketplace will still be limited.

My Prime is going back tommorrow. Had it for just over 3 weeks so had a good play. I've found out that I don't really have much use for a tablet - and occasionally I would find it useful - it just lacks the functionality I want and have on my desktop.

I did love the beautiful aesthetics of my champagne prime, soo beautiful and premium. Battery life is excellent. ICS run's well but needs more apps for tablets. Anyway poor wifi, screen bleed, and lack of proper tablet apps are the main reason I'm not willing to splash £500 on this.

Android still has a fair way to go before it can compete with the ipad for the overall experience.

How can you return it after 3 weeks? where you buy it from ?

Why on earth would anyone want two Android tablets on the desk in front of them? You can't (as far as I know) use them as a monitor, you can't hook them up to work together. I can't actually think of a single valid reason.

Missed this sorry. My three monitors run all my charts and main trading software. The 2 primes would run twitter, chat room, research, Gmail etc.

I have decided to stick with one prime and my Samsung slate. The prime is great for running finviz charts and other research. I like how I can run a twitter widget and Gmail widget side by side.

With what i do i need as much screen real estate as possible, hope that makes sense.

Managed to get a stand that did what I needed. I cut a hole in the desk for the power lead.

A few pics...

img2012022113783.jpg

img2012022152140.jpg

img2012022130441.jpg

Doesn't matter what the benchmarks say, it's not as fluid as iOS.

It matters a hell of a lot when playing back HD vids and gaming. Minor differences in OS efficiency are virtually irrelevant there.

And it gets worse than the benchmarks. The battery on the iPad3 is 60% higher capacity than the Prime, yet it's got slower hardware, slightly less battery life and is bigger and heavier.

Big fail on the hardware side IMO, not including the screen of course which looks ace, especially as the iPad2 stacked up well against the original TF hardware wise as it's faster and has better battery life.

those benchmarks are nothing but silly numbers in the real world - if your tablet did everything you wanted yet was 200mhz and had low benchmark results you'd be silly to care.

Apple have the hardware in the ipad where it counts - a plenty powerful cpu and a best in class gpu - plus top drawer screen and build quality.

A fat, overweight tart is what it is. All for a screen that small to have more pixels. Pointless. The battery size has ruined it.

They should have gone with ~1080p and made sure it would play 1080p flawlessly, improved battery life, make it lighter, etc. It's just an exercise in coming up with more reasons to sell the same thing to gullible muppets. Usually I think Apple get these things right, but this time it's a big fail IMO.

am running ICS on the original transformer and I can't fault it , fast and smooth runs great and been on my mates prime and its superb the higher screen quality is a joy to see , hell even the screen on this looks way better than the ipad2 much sharper.

A fat, overweight tart is what it is. All for a screen that small to have more pixels. Pointless. The battery size has ruined it.

They should have gone with ~1080p and made sure it would play 1080p flawlessly, improved battery life, make it lighter, etc. It's just an exercise in coming up with more reasons to sell the same thing to gullible muppets. Usually I think Apple get these things right, but this time it's a big fail IMO.

a 10" tablet to watch 1080p stuff on - is that all you use your tab for? 4:3 I have found is a much nicer aspect ratio for a tab from using a touchpad and ipad.

have you seen the shocking build quality (screen bleed, loose hardware key dead pixel etc) and wifi issues on the prime? that's a big FAIL right there.

Agreed, I think Kona is confusing ICS on the Prime (with it's inherent problems) to Android as a platform.

I haven't found an app yet that is missing from my TF101 running Honeycomb. ICS is still new, and as such the marketplace will still be limited.

Android ICS as on OS is fine - but as a complete tablet experience is lacking proper quality tablet apps - like they have on the ipad.

I have been with Android from the G1 days - Android tabs are in the G1 TO DESIRE PHASE - to compete they need to be in the SGS2 phase - i.e. solid hardware and software.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom