Asus P5W DH Deluxe - doesn't support Conroe out of box?

shodan said:
Does anyone have a clue as to when the stocks Asus are supplying to retailers might have an updated bios? It can't be too long as it isn't like retailers are swimming with stock! A rough guess will suffice.

It seems to me that the first retailer to advertise the Asus board with a 701 bios guarantee would clean up nationwide. HINT HINT :D

I know the 2nd wave of boards have the 0502 bios instead of the 0401 bios. When this was the latest bios on Asus's site it said that it supported 'new processors'. Some people have still reported problems with it but i think it needs its cmos clearing.

well I'm VERY tempted to just order the Asus separately now so I can get the serial number and hence the bios chip in plenty of time.

Nothing will hurt more than waiting an extra few days to assemble all your goodies when they are SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

PapaLaz.uk said:
Well I'm thinking of grabbing one of these to try alongside the Badaxe.

In preperation for buying it, I emailed Asus about getting a replacement BIOS - that was on Monday evening... this morning, said BIOS arrived in the post.

Good job Asus imho.

who did you e-mail at Asus?

I have e-mailed Riz again to find out wether he actually needs my serial number or not

Just for clarification :

I emailed Portia - using the email adress that Gibbo provided.
Portia replied to me on Tuesday morning, and the email was along the lines of "Thanks for buying an Asus product. I'll get this passed onto someone who can help you."

In my original email I provided all my address details etc.

The next thing I recieved was the BIOS in the post on Weds morning.

Never asked to provide reatailer name/serial no/blahblah. Like I said, wanted to get the BIOS before I get the board.

Maybe down to the wording of the email :p I'll be happy to provide the exact sent/recieved emails if anyone wants em.

shodan said:
Really wish I knew what MM is!

@Daz.Wallace - Result! So I presume I'll be getting one too! Unless he just doesn't like me :(

I would e-mail him just to clarify. I Think a few wires have been crossed between departments at Asus :)

mm is members market where forum members can buy and sell used kit, you need to have a few more posts before you can get access though :)

Last edited:
PapaLaz.uk said:
Just for clarification :

I emailed Portia - using the email adress that Gibbo provided.
Portia replied to me on Tuesday morning, and the email was along the lines of "Thanks for buying an Asus product. I'll get this passed onto someone who can help you."

In my original email I provided all my address details etc.

The next thing I recieved was the BIOS in the post on Weds morning.

Never asked to provide reatailer name/serial no/blahblah. Like I said, wanted to get the BIOS before I get the board.

Maybe down to the wording of the email :p I'll be happy to provide the exact sent/recieved emails if anyone wants em.

I need to buy 2 boards. Any chance could supply me with the details m8. Email in trust

daz.wallace said:
I would e-mail him just to clarify. I Think a few wires have been crossed between departments at Asus :)

mm is members market where forum members can buy and sell used kit, you need to have a few more posts before you can get access though :)

Just emailed him.

I bet that guy is having a tough week! :D

Back
Top Bottom