Asus P5W DH Deluxe - doesn't support Conroe out of box?

shodan said:
Arse.

I've emailed him saying the mobo is in the same order as my conroe and is being held back until launch, also that I'd like to have the chip ready when it arrives.

Maybe he'll be nice and send it. He's done it for other people in this thread.

Thats what I said and I now have an order number and the chip should be waiting for me when I get home

andyr said:
OcUk are showing 1-3 days so do you recon new stock new bios ?

Who knows, but it's still far to expensive. There are tons of places to get the same thing for £150.

Saying that, I am torn between this board and a Gigabyte DS3.. gaaa it's tough choice. :rolleyes:

Jimbo said:
Who knows, but it's still far to expensive. There are tons of places to get the same thing for £150.

Saying that, I am torn between this board and a Gigabyte DS3.. gaaa it's tough choice. :rolleyes:

The DS3 looks like a good choice, as people are now hitting 500 FSB with lower cpu multipliers on the ES chips. The main problem with it though is that it doesnt support memory dividers so you will need some good ram which will do 500Mhz 1:1. This may balance the budget with the Asus.

Jimbo said:

yeah i have found a few sub 150 also , ocuk will price match when they get round to it im sure

shimy182 said:
To those people who emailed and sent the form to ASUS people.

how long does he usually take to respond? and how long does it take for the bios to arrive?

I e-mailed Portia on Monday night, had a reply Tuesday morning, got 2 e-mails of riz later that day, got another e-mail from Riz asking for a serial number on Wednesday so I e-mailed him again on Wednesday night then got 2 more of him yesterday, 1 saying the chip was on its way, the other with an order number, I was hopeing the chip would be here today but it was not so hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

Hope this helps :)

yeah it helps.. i really want this chip by tuesday but doesnt look like its going to happen... i really need a LGA 775 CPU.

why does my gaming PC has brake at most inconvenient times... i went out 3 nights in a row and now i dont have money to spend.....

*sucks thumb and sleeps*

shimy182 said:
yeah it helps.. i really want this chip by tuesday but doesnt look like its going to happen... i really need a LGA 775 CPU.

why does my gaming PC has brake at most inconvenient times... i went out 3 nights in a row and now i dont have money to spend.....

*sucks thumb and sleeps*

somebody else e-mailed Portia with their address and full details straight off and got the chip a day or 2 later

shodan said:
Arse.

I've emailed him saying the mobo is in the same order as my conroe and is being held back until launch, also that I'd like to have the chip ready when it arrives.

Maybe he'll be nice and send it. He's done it for other people in this thread.

He isn't replying this time. Looks like he's either snowed under or he's ****** off with me because I couldn't understand what he was writing.

Last edited:
Jimbo said:
Nice mate, lets know how this board feels. :)

Well, bought it from Ocuk yesterday and it came with 0401 bios on it. To be honest im surprised it booted at all with any CPU in it. It kept hanging on the bios screen, wouldnt initialise my 1800xt video card properly. I had to keep unplugging the dvi cable and replugging it in, bloody keyboard errors and all sorts going on. However i've now got 0701 installed and all those issues have gone it seems so im happier already :D All ready now to drop in my 6600 when it arrives.

I decided to treat myself to a new system, so i ordered:

Lian Li V1000+ (Plus 2 came)
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
E6600
2x1gb GSkill 6400 HZ
Arctic Cooler
Hiper Modular 580w

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom