ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

I am getting a bit of a strange issue - every 3rd or 4th shutdown I exit windows but then the board doesn't switch off - all the fans stay on etc. The GPU is also obviously still operating but there is no feed to the monitor.

The only way to clear this is to kill the power. It happens quite regularly but is not the result of messing with settings etc as it is usually after a normal session surfing the net/email etc Iyt doesn't happen every time either.

On rebooting everything comes back up fine.

Any one else getting this ?

Some fun and games updating to 0507:

Copy bios1 to bios2 did not reboot but the copy worked.

The 0507 update (bios1) just sat there after the first reboot on the iROG-1 update. Had to do a clear CMOS. It then rebooted and completed the update successfully. Keep a note of your bios settings as saved profiles (from usb) do not load on this update and the clear/update got rid of the saved ones.

All running ok now.

Last edited:
Did you manage to sort it out?

read all the threads you linked - no definitive answer there and not one post from anyone confirming they fixed it.

Its not happened again since and everything else seems stable anyway so not too worried at the moment.

using a new AX 1200i so doubting that it is the cause.

Some fun and games updating to 0507:

Copy bios1 to bios2 did not reboot but the copy worked.

The 0507 update (bios1) just sat there after the first reboot on the iROG-1 update. Had to do a clear CMOS. It then rebooted and completed the update successfully. Keep a note of your bios settings as saved profiles (from usb) do not load on this update and the clear/update got rid of the saved ones.

All running ok now.

Strange, updated mine with out a single issue.

Getting the Black Edition?

4eq8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom