ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

Mine arrived a around a week ago now, but haven't got around to posting anything yet.
Still waiting on a few things before ordering the rest of the parts.

So far putting the board into the case it looks absolutely great, finally a worth while rampage board without red all over it.

350dBlackEdition.jpg

And yes, that is a 350d. Ignore the cables towards the right they are just the front panel cables stuffed there temporarily.

hi
DOUGALDC any chance you could let me know all your settings to 4.5 as i have same system and fairly new to oc and 1st time on x79/
i know i might not have the same oc potential as you but your settings will help as i can adjust from there.
thanks.

hi
DOUGALDC any chance you could let me know all your settings to 4.5

pretty basic settings, mostly came from the auto overclock, then tweaked down a little to get rid of some of the heat. still have not had time to tweak it any faster/cooler since the 1st setup though, but seems nice n stable.

100 x 45,
1.4 vcore,
cpu load-line : ultra-high,
cpu current capability:180%,
vccsa load-line : extreme,
cpu power phase : extreme.

mem is running at its rated speeds for 2133, 11,12,11,32,2, 1:16 fsb

am not sure if i messed with much else, as i tried & reset many bios options before it became stable, i could possibly send you a profile to try, as i think you can do that with these boards.

hope that helps

pretty basic settings, mostly came from the auto overclock, then tweaked down a little to get rid of some of the heat. still have not had time to tweak it any faster/cooler since the 1st setup though, but seems nice n stable.

100 x 45,
1.4 vcore,
cpu load-line : ultra-high,
cpu current capability:180%,
vccsa load-line : extreme,
cpu power phase : extreme.

mem is running at its rated speeds for 2133, 11,12,11,32,2, 1:16 fsb

am not sure if i messed with much else, as i tried & reset many bios options before it became stable, i could possibly send you a profile to try, as i think you can do that with these boards.

hope that helps

1.4v on CPU and Ultra LLC 24/7. VRM's will be very hot and 1.4+ on Ivy architecture is a lot 24/7. CPU may degrade.

Also you dont need Xtreme power phase or VCCSA LLC either. Bad idea on ambient.

Thanks 8pack, congrats on the new set of world records BTW! The machine is not a 24/7 but I did tweak things down at the weekend. I dropped it to 1.35 vcore but llc still needs to be high, but it compensates to 1.388 so that is OK. I dropped a few other settings too, will post again when I have chance.

any idea when the blocks will be in?? (clean black nickel) wanting these available before i buy one.

OcUK won't get more orders in until sometime in February. I took delivery of the R4BE blocks on the 16th January after delaying waiting for OcUK stock, would have preferred to buy here afterall, they are still down as pre-order.

Ask in Pre-Sales Enquires if they can give you a better date.

Finnaly i assembled my new PC with Asus Rampage 4 Black Editon,thought i'd post some pics ;

My PC
CPU: Intel i7 4930k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
Motherboard: Rampage 4 Black Edition x79
GPU'S: Gigabyte 780Ti SLI
SSD: 2xSamsung EVO 250GB
HDD: 1xSeagate 3TB
PSU: Corsair 1200i
Case: Corsair 900D

Pics(from phone not best quality)

I mostly liked the style builds from Overclock3D.net from Tom Logan.I like the clean and tidy builds,and red and black are my favorite colors.

Last edited:
I agree on that Corsair 900d is big...and the motherboard looks small inside of it.But from other point of view you get lots of space,good cable managment and good airflow.Components can bread inside.If you look at it this way,the case is normal.

Back
Top Bottom