Asus ROG PG32UCDM - 4k OLED 240hz

I bought the Alienware but going to return as brightness isn't great. I hear the Asus has much better brightness.
Not really within the HDR10 modes. They both have the same challenges with brightness in their peak 1000 mode discussed here

If you’re after brighter HDR, the Gigabyte FO32U2P offers that!

Not really within the HDR10 modes. They both have the same challenges with brightness in their peak 1000 mode discussed here

Brightest SDR for macOS daily driver. For gaming I can turn the lights off and it's easier in HDR :)

Will this monitor have issues with text fringing? I just got the MSIMAG271qpxoled. I can manage with the normal text in windows with a few work arounds like but in game with something like Total war warhammer 3 its actually effecting my eyes after a while. Such a shame as the pic and speed is amazing

Will this monitor have issues with text fringing? I just got the MSIMAG271qpxoled. I can manage with the normal text in windows with a few work arounds like but in game with something like Total war warhammer 3 its actually effecting my eyes after a while. Such a shame as the pic and speed is amazing
It’s the same pixel shape but the pixel density is quite a lot higher which definitely helps

If the idiotically limiting exclusive can’t be kept supplied enough to keep up with orders, ASUS are probably going to need proctological help to locate their head enough to supply OCUK.

According to this YouTube post the latest firmware update allows the same peak brightness in HDR as sRGB

Is the Asus better than the alienware?
It has more features, but costs more. Since it's the same panel, better in this context is fairly subjective, but there may be some differences across the vendors.

For example the Asus one claims to have superior cooling, it's passive with a graphene layer, others may have active cooling, maybe this will prevent some vendors running HDR at the same brightness as the Asus, who knows...

The ASUS is difficult to find in stock depending where in the world you are.

Its also stupidly expensive, its double the price of the alienware where I am, so I can get two alienware qd-oled monitors or a single Asus..

Back
Top Bottom