ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync.

I'm waiting for reviews, particularly comparisons between the two. I only bought my Swift in January so I'm not sure I'm ready for a £200 hit just yet!

Yeah definitely, I think it will be good but not worth changing. To be honest aside from a dodgy psu I love my swift!

been toying with the idea of getting a monitor quite soon, but will hold out for this.

When i get one i expect it to last 6 years.

The only things in my rig that are from my original o.c purchase are the 2600k, 2tb green hd, my samsung monitor and my really really shady ocuk dvd drive.

Surely it wouldn't be worth the jump from the tn swift ?

I doubt it, and I doubt ASUS will be marketing it as such. There will still be strong demand for TN.

The perception is still that pro gamers will want TN for the speed, although the demand for IPS has obviously led to the release of products like this.

I think the only surprise from my perspective is that the MG279Q came out before this.

How many of you are debating about selling your ROG Swifts to get this?

I had the Swift, had it not been faulty I'd have got rid of it quicker than you can say TN is awful. Lovely spec on the Swift, but my lord its nothing short of horrible fort gaming etc, that colour shift, the zero processing and the viewing angle is enough to make me want to weep at how poor it is.

It's unfair to compare TN to IPS, its like comparing Burton Albion to Tottenham Hotspur.

I had the Swift, had it not been faulty I'd have got rid of it quicker than you can say TN is awful. Lovely spec on the Swift, but my lord its nothing short of horrible fort gaming etc, that colour shift, the zero processing and the viewing angle is enough to make me want to weep at how poor it is.

It's unfair to compare TN to IPS, its like comparing Burton Albion to Tottenham Hotspur.

TN characteristics aren't any worse than IPS's heavy back-light bleed and IPS glow on these new 27" panels.

TN characteristics aren't any worse than IPS's heavy back-light bleed and IPS glow on these new 27" panels.

Except back light bleed isn't a characteristic of IPS, it is down to poor chassis assembly where the plastic is exerting too much pressure on the panel, even TN monitors can have back light bleed.

IPS glow varies too and is only really an issue when it comes to dark content with a relatively higher brightness i.e. alien isolation, for it to be a serious problem, you would need to view the screen from an angle on that sort of content.

Back
Top Bottom