ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync.

Permabanned
I see that some companies in Europe are charging 30 euros for zero dead pixel guarantee. Bit of a **** take imo especially when the monitor is £700, not exactly pocket change money.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
twirly has a point this should be accepted but on the other hand I would rather not send back monitors in search of a good one

OcUK Staff
Hi there

There is a slim chance we might see stock land this week. :)

We have also added the same pixel warranty as the previous Swift, details below:

- OcUK Exclusive Service: Warranty regarding dead pixels falls under ISO rules and as such dead pixels if very few are not an actual fault. But at OcUK we value our customers especially when spending such a large amount of money on what is a flagship gaming monitor. As such even if you only have 1 dead/stuck pixel and it has not gone after 3 days, we will class the monitor as faulty and exchange it for you at no cost to you. This service is exclusive at OcUK for Asus ROG Swift ONLY or other qualifying monitors! (Valid for 28 days from purchase)!

Caporegime
Why don't you offer this for any other monitors gibbo especially the £500+ monitors???

Is it because asus will just take these back and send them out as the refurb replacements?

Associate
OP
So stock is due in any day now? Sweet!

Fingers crossed it was worth the wait.

Happy to see the pixel warranty on it as well now. Good stuff.

Associate
Hi there

There is a slim chance we might see stock land this week. :)

We have also added the same pixel warranty as the previous Swift, details below:

- OcUK Exclusive Service: Warranty regarding dead pixels falls under ISO rules and as such dead pixels if very few are not an actual fault. But at OcUK we value our customers especially when spending such a large amount of money on what is a flagship gaming monitor. As such even if you only have 1 dead/stuck pixel and it has not gone after 3 days, we will class the monitor as faulty and exchange it for you at no cost to you. This service is exclusive at OcUK for Asus ROG Swift ONLY or other qualifying monitors! (Valid for 28 days from purchase)!

Hello

I am thinking about pre ordering the ASUS PG348Q when it is listed on the website. Will you be doing the same offer for it.

Also if the money is faulty from dead pixels after 3 days, do we get delivery charges back, as the PG348Q will cost so much to keep sending back as it is £1200, that means a massive box and a big insurance cost.

Thanks

Associate
Except back light bleed isn't a characteristic of IPS, it is down to poor chassis assembly where the plastic is exerting too much pressure on the panel, even TN monitors can have back light bleed.

IPS glow varies too and is only really an issue when it comes to dark content with a relatively higher brightness i.e. alien isolation, for it to be a serious problem, you would need to view the screen from an angle on that sort of content.

IPS almost universally has a larger issue with BLB than other panel types. It's because IPS glow can feed off of BLB, making the overall situation appear worse than other panel types. As for pressure, it rarely has anything to do with plastic monitor bezels exerting pressure on the panel edges.

Most monitor cases these days are complete floating designs. The panel simply sits in the housing. As a matter of fact, the ROG Swift TN and the new IPS version both have the internal panel bezel exposed and only housed from the sides, being an attempt to make the bezels thinner. The only downward pressure being applied to the panel itself is the native internal metal bezel that retains the different LCD panel layers.

Both the same panel housing type/design, the IPS Swift will have much more apparent BLB than the TN Swift. I high quality TN like the Swift will be much more usable in dark games/environments than any IPS panel.

Soldato
The problem is the panel, not the monitor, so any monitor using it will be likely to suffer. I predict a similar situation to the XB270HU with many complaints about excessive BLB and glow on the PG279Q. Same goes for the upcoming XB271HU and any other monitor that uses this panel. It's been a disaster from day one. Of course there will be SOME good examples, but it's the definition of a lottery buying any monitor that uses this panel, and always will be. :(

Caporegime
Yes the latest IPS panels seem to have more problems with bleed than TN, however, it is still largely because of the chassis assembly or whatever you want to call it. Perhaps the IPS panel is more sensitive to pressure or something than the TN panels as I have seen numerous amounts of people being able to remove it via their own methods on some monitors:

- most people with the LG 34um95 could remove their bleed by removing the plastic clipping

- people on overclock.net tried widening the gap between the panel and the plastic assembly with regards to the acer 144HZ IPS screen and it also removed/reduced the bleed

- some of the acer 144HZ screens, which had bad bleed seemed to die down after a few days so could be something related to temperature fluctuations and the assembly or misalignment in the backlight and panel substrate layers of the screen

Soldato
Looking forward to it @badass
Thanks for the pixel warranty Gibbo, I almost pre ordered one the moment I read that, buit managed to resist - I will wait until some are in the wild before buying if its as good in RL as is it on paper.

Associate
Yes the latest IPS panels seem to have more problems with bleed than TN, however, it is still largely because of the chassis assembly or whatever you want to call it. Perhaps the IPS panel is more sensitive to pressure or something than the TN panels as I have seen numerous amounts of people being able to remove it via their own methods on some monitors:

- most people with the LG 34um95 could remove their bleed by removing the plastic clipping

- people on overclock.net tried widening the gap between the panel and the plastic assembly with regards to the acer 144HZ IPS screen and it also removed/reduced the bleed

- some of the acer 144HZ screens, which had bad bleed seemed to die down after a few days so could be something related to temperature fluctuations and the assembly or misalignment in the backlight and panel substrate layers of the screen

Yes, it depends on the panel. What I am talking about is this Swift, which has no external plastic bezel exerting pressure along the front surface of the panel edge. The plastic monitor case only supports the panel from the sides.

It's actually a clever design. They are essentially "exposing" the internal metal bezel of the OEM panel that has been painted black (which is typically silver).

Soldato
Hi Gibbo, any possibility you can offer a pixel check service before shipping to your non-UK customers? Planning to buy 3 for triple screen setup I'd be happy to pay an additional charge for this service. Thanks.

There is guarantee that states if you have a single pixel out you will get a replacement. Or is that UK only?

Back
Top Bottom