ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync.

Jesus.

£300 premium over the otherwise identical Freesynch version (21Hz extra excepted).

People have completely lost their minds. Willingly paying the G-Synch tax.

Personally i would prefer G-sync over Freesync as i intend to run the monitor for a good while (probably until OLED is mature) and want the benefits of less ghosting while running variable refresh rat which freesync is prone too and the comfort that if the frame rate drops below 30 i will not get stutter. Yes this monitor is a bit expensive but it will come down, i just want one now.

I would probably have got a 278 if it wasnt for the need for HDMI as i also watch TV from my bed on the screen.

Any chance pre orders can go out for sat delivery? :)

edit: called up and got mine changed so nothing to do for mine.

Last edited:
I'm awaiting the mega poo storm that will result if there are as many issues with this monitor given it's the same panel as the XB270HU. Some early reports on other forums of ones looking just as bad... I wouldn't touch this until I knew I was going to get a good one.

I'm awaiting the mega poo storm that will result if there are as many issues with this monitor given it's the same panel as the XB270HU. Some early reports on other forums of ones looking just as bad... I wouldn't touch this until I knew I was going to get a good one.

what kind of issues? will worse then tn model?

I'll be sending it back until I get one that's acceptable. I can deal with a bit of BLB providing it isn't excessive and no dead pixels. For £750 I rightfully expect a solid close to flawless product.

Back
Top Bottom