Asus RT-N56U owners

Quick question on RT-N56U ... I've got it standing vertically on its stand as I want it to be primarily concentrating it signal in a horizontal plane .... however is the a benefit on how it is "rotated" - i.e. should its front surface be perpendicular to the main direction I want the signal to go in (its effectively in the corner of our house), or should it be in line with that direction or doesn't it matter. If it had a single aerial then it wouldn't matter but with multiple aerials are there any issues like avoiding have them "in a line" in the direction?

Having a few problems with a Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop when connecting to the wifi. Unless I force the RT-N56U wifi to legacy it just doesn't work properly. I know the laptop doesn't support wireless n but i'd have thought configured to auto it would just use wireless g?

Having a few problems with a Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop when connecting to the wifi. Unless I force the RT-N56U wifi to legacy it just doesn't work properly. I know the laptop doesn't support wireless n but i'd have thought configured to auto it would just use wireless g?

With my GFs Dell work laptop, I had to manually set the wireless channel (auto wouldn't work) and also assign it a fixed IP address via the router.

Back
Top Bottom