ASUS TUF FX505DV Benchmarks

Associate
OP
Nice!!!! I have just ran Heaven again as you have 8xAA off. Your max FPS and min are much better. I get a huge stutter in frame 22 so not sure whats wrong there! But for a 3 year old laptop the 1070 is very impressive.

Untitled.png

Soldato
Nice!!!! I have just ran Heaven again as you have 8xAA off. Your max FPS and min are much better. I get a huge stutter in frame 22 so not sure whats wrong there! But for a 3 year old laptop the 1070 is very impressive.

Untitled.png

I think around then I also got my dip down to 13fps.
I initially was just going to get a cheap laptop for playing old games then decided to get something with a 1060 card but just before I pulled the trigger, I stumbled across this for £80 more than a decent 1060 laptop.

The only thing that I felt could be better is the CPU. Nothing wrong with it but should maybe have held out for a new one. Ah well, should still do well with modern titles.

Associate
OP
The 1070 is still an impressive card almost identical to the newer RTX 2060 :) I would guess SSD speeds only help general windows tasks and loading of games, I don't think it has an impact on FPS although I could be wrong.

Soldato
The other thing that irks me is the 60hz gsync panel although I've got a part number for a plug and play 120hz panel. Tempted to fit that once my warranty runs out.

It is a good card especially for the age, I hope it lasts me a few years at least anyway.
I've a spare 1Tb mp510 nvme drive at home so will chuck it in the laptop.

Any other benchmark tests you would like me to try for comparison?

Soldato
Be interested in some benchmarks with the i5 and 1050ti? Can you also try a crystaldiskmark test? Be cool to see how it compares to the NVMe in the Asus.

It performs very well for the games I'm playing to be honest. WoW is locked to 100fps and Destiny 2 plays like it does on my main rig (which has a 1440p/144hz and Gsync), I get 70+ fps and the occasional dips and stuttering, which is thermal throttling. When running D2, I'll whack the fans to max. I can also overclock the GPU via the Predator Utility but if its throttling already, I can see that just making it worse. Might repaste once the warranty is out, but I'm not as confident working on laptops than I am desktops.

Soldato
I'd not considered undervolting actually, that could be a good shout!

I've not looked into it much myself. I would need to look at what to do and what sort of undervolt limit I should be looking at. Mainly just to keep it a little cooler as I'm happy with the performance.

Soldato
I've not looked into it much myself. I would need to look at what to do and what sort of undervolt limit I should be looking at. Mainly just to keep it a little cooler as I'm happy with the performance.

Would it really matter before the warranty has expired though? All it'll do it fall over if it doesn't like it so you set it back to what it was before, using MSI AB profiles.

Soldato
User Benchmarks Results:

UserBenchmarks: Game 15%, Desk 73%, Work 42%
CPU: Intel Core i5-8300H - 75.1%
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 - 5.6%
SSD: Crucial MX300 SATA M.2 275GB - 85%
HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 85.2%
RAM: Micron 4ATF51264HZ-2G6E1 2x4GB - 66.6%
MBD: Acer Predator PH315-51

Passmark Results:

XWezx3N.png

Superposition:
ILVSfQm.png

Uniheaven:
XehJeei.png

Crystal Disk
tg3OksX.png

Soldato
oh my god....it defaulted to the iGPU....loooooooooooooooooooooool
you also tested in medium, not extreme ;):p.

I've played about a little with throttle stop tonight.
Playing some old games like MW2 all highest settings would previously see temps hit around 87degC. After a 30 minute test with the same settings, it looks to be hitting around 79-80degC now so that's not a bad start. I'll maybe try and lower a bit further to see if I can get closer to mid 70s under load.
I'll maybe try repaste using noctua nt-h2 when I'm home in a week or so.

Soldato
you also tested in medium, not extreme ;):p.

I've played about a little with throttle stop tonight.
Playing some old games like MW2 all highest settings would previously see temps hit around 87degC. After a 30 minute test with the same settings, it looks to be hitting around 79-80degC now so that's not a bad start. I'll maybe try and lower a bit further to see if I can get closer to mid 70s under load.
I'll maybe try repaste using noctua nt-h2 when I'm home in a week or so.

What's throttle stop?

Also, wouldn't that void the warranty if you repasted?

Back
Top Bottom