At last Jailbreak 6.1 coming very soon. Yipee!

Associate
Is it legal to jailbreak your ipad for themes and icons ? I don't want to get free games I just want to make my ipad look cooler ? If it is legal does it add any risks of your ipad freezing or damaging it in any way ?

Soldato
Is it legal to jailbreak your ipad for themes and icons ? I don't want to get free games I just want to make my ipad look cooler ? If it is legal does it add any risks of your ipad freezing or damaging it in any way ?
Jailbreaking is legal. Downloading copyrighted content once jailbreaking is still illegal :p

JB can't damage your iPad but can cause it to freeze/crash, but that's a general computer thing. I've had very few issues over the years of jailbreaking.

I feel the same and will be unjailbreaking my phone.. The prices are ridiculous for the tweaks I am interested in.

I have bought all of my tweaks, themes. Over the course of 4 years I have spent over £130 on cydia. But then I am happy to see it more as a buy/donation to keep the thing going because ultimately it grows the iphone as the best device it could be.

I get my monies worth but there are "sources" you can add to get everything on cydia for free. However its up to you if you choose to do that.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Been using this hosts file for most of the weekend, blocks ad's from Cydia, Apps and Safari. The site is blocked at work so I've emailed myself from my phone and posting it here....

http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=107743

(Hopefully that links allowed?)

I used the standard 127. one, think its near the end of the thread. SSH it to the etc folder and respring, suggest you back up the old one just incase.

If your running SBSettings you will need to launch it and fix permissions then it will work fine. :)

End result, Cydia loads much faster and almost all ads are gone, you do get one or two here and there, but its a big improvement. Ad's from apps are all gone too, Met office app for example.

Back
Top Bottom