• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI/AMD's new Morphological Anti-aliasing

Nah just looking at textures you can tell they are getting the MLAA treatment, for me going from pin sharp IQ to MLAA would be a let down akin to dropping down in res
eced10029eb6555a37ef814135cd8063.jpg

Yeah a let down that removes all those pin sharp jaggies. Oh and don't forget the sharper looking girders above the arkham banner too.

but I can see why some people may appreciate the feature.
Yep me and others that can enable the feature, because it removes all those jaggies.

Don't worry about it raven, you'll enjoy it more when you jump again at Christmas when you see it in action first hand when you get your new card.;)

I haven't tried it yet on my 5850 but it looks like a decent feature to have when a game doesn't support aa / the framerate with aa enabled is too low.

Not a fan of the slightly blurred look tbh, and as someone mentioned earlier it looks similar to 2xqaa from NV cards, but better having it as an option than not at all.

Yeah a let down that removes all those pin sharp jaggies. Oh and don't forget the sharper looking girders above the arkham banner too.

Yep me and others that can enable the feature, because it removes all those jaggies.

Don't worry about it raven, you'll enjoy it more when you jump again at Christmas when you see it in action first hand when you get your new card.;)

Dude just look at these...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geogan/sets/72157624046541824/

The textures are a mess, and it makes me feel like I need glasses as they are out of focus.

lol try posting up the correct image and not the one that has had the mlaa image sharpened with photo editing software lol...confused?

98614414.png

Dude just look at these...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geogan/sets/72157624046541824/

The textures are a mess, and it makes me feel like I need glasses as they are out of focus.

Ye you can really tell the soft IQ with them images, high loss in definition.

Last edited:
lol try posting up the correct image and not the one that has had the mlaa image sharpened with photo editing software lol...confused?
Not me that's confused, that was your image I used not the one that was sharpened with photo editing software.
While there is some blurriness of textures, it seems pretty subtle to me. The smoothing out of those awful jaggies more than makes up for it.

Not me that's confused, that was your image I used not the one that was sharpened with photo editing software.

OMG, your first post below, clearly you posted the photoshopped mlaa image.

And no one is questioning that it removes the aliasing, just pointing out in it doing so you lose fine detail and definition as you did with QAA which Nvidia implemented years a go but discontinued it.

Last edited:
Where is this loss of fine detail and wholly blurry mess that everyone is talking about because I just cant see it. The MLAA'd images look fine to me.

Where is this loss of fine detail and wholly blurry mess that everyone is talking about because I just cant see it. The MLAA'd images look fine to me.

If you look at the 1st image in ravens' post above yours, you'll see that its a bit blurry, although 'jaggy-free'.

A small amount in all honestly, but still noticeable.

It's up to the individual whether this bothers them or not.

The image above that has had a sharpening filter applied afaik, which the ATi drivers don't do.This is why it looks 'clearer' than the one above it.

People that haven't got Ati cards, and never saw ingame play say it's blurry and looks crap.
People THAT actually tried it and played games says it looks fine...

What's the point in arguing ?

Back
Top Bottom