• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI/AMD's new Morphological Anti-aliasing

Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't mean they are a fanboy or trolling.

Oh I completely agree. Reporting somebody just because they have a differing opinion would be stupid, petty and go against what discussion forums are all about. I've had some good arguments with people on here in the past, unfortunately it seems that lately the quality discussion to flamebait ratio has gone through the roof. :(

If you can't figure out how to save images from Flickr (one of the biggest image sites on the web) then what the hell are you doing on an overclocking forum!!! FFS

Actions->View all sizes->Original->right-click or "Download original size" and save to your machine...

So you're saying I should download and save them to my machine? Why should I? On imageshack or Photobucket it's a simple case of tab-clicking. :confused: The whole point of image hosting is that you can view pictures without having to download them.

Use a better image host on this forum, or you're just going to annoy more people. Just because it's 'one of the biggest image sites on the web' doesn't mean it's any good. You are going to find out sooner or later that literally everybody else on this forum uses imageshack.us simply because they don't want to have to jump through hoops of crap to view images in full-size (especially when you're asking readers to compare them)

If you can't figure out how to save images from Flickr (one of the biggest image sites on the web) then what the hell are you doing on an overclocking forum!!! FFS

Actions->View all sizes->Original->right-click or "Download original size" and save to your machine...

Because overclocking and an image hosting site are so intrinsically linked..:rolleyes:

The technology is very good. Played some old games arma / silent hunter and it looks very very good IMHO. Rez is important to don't try this with anything less than 1080p.
It's amazing how many critics there are for something that u need to experience to evaluate....But then again some ppl see the world through green glasses.

And some people take into account the technical aspect instead of just seeing, 'HEY these guys have brought something out they haven't got...'

it removes definition which in a HD world of gaming is well... kind of the opposite of furthering technology. anybody who can will stick with AA.

It's nice little addition for those with lower tier cards who can't amp the AA up though and are not high end fussy gamers.

Awww hell forget it... NVIDIA > AMD!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

And some people take into account the technical aspect instead of just seeing, 'HEY these guys have brought something out they haven't got...'

it removes definition which in a HD world of gaming is well... kind of the opposite of furthering technology. anybody who can will stick with AA.

It's nice little addition for those with lower tier cards who can't amp the AA up though and are not high end fussy gamers.

Awww hell forget it... NVIDIA > AMD!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/xbox-360-mlaa-tech-demo?size=hd

yeah right look and learn.....son

I have tried this and can't really see what the fuss is about tbh, some jaggies smoothed over but so is everything else which means losing definition elsewhere ... I play on 3 x 22" 1080p screens so was hopeful seeing as Eyefinity sucks with AA in most modern games! I can see a difference but will stick with the usual AA, or none for now, but if it appeals to you then why not!

Processing this with depth/perspective info would really help though .. maybe next release :)

Given the choice of 32x AA at playable fps or MLAA at silly high fps I know which I'd take every time... MLAA is a nice option to have, but the way some people are going on like its the second coming makes me think they feel a bit inadequate about their choice of GPU.

Depends on the game, some I had to compare them side by side to see the difference, others not so great, don't think it works too well for Eve in the end, too many thin lines and small text.

Nah just looking at textures you can tell they are getting the MLAA treatment, for me going from pin sharp IQ to MLAA would be a let down akin to dropping down in res, but I can see why some people may appreciate the feature.

Check the screen grab below out, now imagine it on your monitor at max supported res, that loss in definition would bug me to the point where I would just prefer to play with no MLAA. When I look between the two images the MLAA looks out of focus.

98614414.png

Last edited:
Given the choice of 32x AA at playable fps or MLAA at silly high fps I know which I'd take every time... MLAA is a nice option to have, but the way some people are going on like its the second coming makes me think they feel a bit inadequate about their choice of GPU.

Lol, when I clicked the button I thought I was replying to Raven... :D

Nah just looking at textures you can tell they are getting the MLAA treatment, for me going from pin sharp IQ to MLAA would be a let down akin to dropping down in res, but I can see why some people may appreciate the feature.

Check the screen grab below out, now imagine it on your monitor at max supported res, that loss in definition would bug me to the point where I would just prefer to play with no MLAA. When I look between the two images the MLAA looks out of focus.

Looking at the speaker and the metal beam top left after awhile it becomes quite apparent just how much duller the image becomes with MLAA, without comparing side by side tho its not so immediatly apparent.

EDIT: Turned the brightness up on my monitor and its more obvious... guess I'll have to try it on my 120Hz or an IPS panel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom