• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon X1800 XT's now from £199 at OcUK

Gibbo said:
Very very quick, overclock the card and your processor plus do some tweaking and I reckon 10k. :D
Easy peasy ;)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1828346

10k.jpg

Gibbo said:
WOW Awsome bit of kit, guess I best put the prices up. ;)

Considering you've hit 10k so easy, maybe you should be aiming for 11k now. :p
I'll aim for 11k, getting it is going to be very hard i think.

I'll try clocking up the CPU a bit, and get clocking the memory.

hmmm beating my score by about 100 points. Need to do some serious tweaking now lol! I would have thought in benchmarks at least the cards will be practically the same in terms of performance. (ie at the same clocks).

The x1800xt has dynamic voltage increases which means you can increase the volts at a software level which is nice. It allows you to go up to 1.575 volts.

I am at 1.425 volts at 725-730 core atm although I never game at this speed , don't need it.

The X1800XT's cooler is pretty good I think. If you can tolerate the noise at max RPM then I would as it seems to keep it pretty cool. (mine according to Rivatuner hasn't gone above 53 Degrees at full load.

Back
Top Bottom