• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon X1800 XT's now from £199 at OcUK

GlasgowTitan said:
Let us know eh? I have the X800XL at the moment, wondering if if its worth selling it in MM and getting that X1800, looks to be a good upgrade, hopefully.

First I need to put the lot together (A8N32+Opteron 170+1800XT) then I will surely let you know. But I have a very strong feeling that the upgrade is worth it :D

welshtom said:
flash it to an xtpe :p break 11k easy then

Im on 11117 atm :)

Tom
But can you flash it? If the BIOS sets how the memory addresses (i.e. the programmable ring-bus memory controller), then by flashing with the 512MB BIOS might screw the card as it will try to address memory which doesn't exist. I have no idea what I am talking about though so please correct me - just one thing which seems relatively logical.

Ummm, I was going to get the X1900XT but then this comes along priced over £100 cheaper. I game at 1280 x 1024 and it will have to last me well for about 9 months, what you guys suggest? It will be paired with an AMD64 X2 4400+

yeah defo mate, i think im gonna get a x1900xt, i game at 1680x1050 and love the eyecandy so would benefit a little more from the upgrade. but you should be mint at those res

Well you might as well get the 256MB card MG42 maniac as DX10 will arrive in exactly 9 months time (IIRC 21st Nov release) with Vista so you will need a DX10 card then i.e. R600 or G80 so it makes little difference which you buy now. Save the £100 now as this will last you.

But you sure seem to be doing well with yours, eh?! Pretty impressive stuff for a £235 card.

I really ought to buy one. But at this rate I'll never finish my new build - had only budgeted a maximum of £150 for the GPU!

we've got a live review thanks to a random name, lol
needs 181 points to claim the 11k mark, and that is definatly a mega acheivement considering its only a 256mb card. its even wiping the floor with most 512mb. lol

Back
Top Bottom