Audi owners in here!

Cheers, they're 19" OEM wheels. It's a 1.8 160 TFSI S-line.

Ruled the 2.0 out because of the oil consumption issues, my last one went through a rebuild so been there, got the t shirt...

The 1.8 had the combined economy(40mpg+ on the motorway), performance and above all meant I could continue avoiding a hateful diesel lump!

The plan has always been to explore the remap option as soon as the warranty expires which should hopefully bring the car up on a par with the 2.0.

Would be nice to get it up to 200bhp, nice little boost.

With the other little bits you are on about doing will be some nice changes.

Well, the current B8 A5 went up for pre-order in March 2007, the B8 A4 followed in late 2007 (I believe first press release was August). This would suggest mid-late 2016 for the A5 is a possibility.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-AVANT-18T-190-SPORT-/151953863051

Been on the hunt for a nice A4 Avant 1.8T for quite a while now, and have found this one. To me it looks good, not sure it's a 190 based on the wheels (I could be wrong?).

Would anyone mind having a look over the advert, see if I've missed any glaring points which would scream avoid!!?

Thanks

the car looks honest. its not got a towbar so its not been used as a caravan hauler which is good.

Im not a great believer in looking for something with mega low miles. as said its about average so at least its been used.

I know the early 20v engines had a bad habit of the oil pick up gunging up but it has been well serviced as they say so this shouldn't be a worry.

again as said I would prefer a quattro version but that's just me.

Don't lose sleep over the miles. A well looked after higher mileage car is normally always better than a poorly maintained low mileage one. :)

No towbar is a good catch - and as said means it's not hauled stuff around its whole life.

I'll remind you of that when the snow hits properly :D

The Quattro does handle loads better - but if it's not what you want then again - not my choice. Sounds like you've already made your mind up though?

Ah that's interesting, I'd have thought the quattro wouldn't handle better with it being heavier. Now that could change things! I've never had issue with snow in the 8 years of living in the north east with my two FWD cars.

Any idea on what effect it has on MPG?

EDIT: Manual 1.8T Quattro A4 Avant's must be rarer than hen's teeth though, I've barely seen any!

Back
Top Bottom