Audi owners in here!

Soldato
I tried DTD just now and it gave me just under £29k. The folding mirrors are a must for the driveway at the side of the house, and I've got used to the hill hold now on my A3 and it isn't much of an expense.

Carwow gave me that price of £28,715 from Coventry Audi but next week the dealership in Eastbourne have to better it. I basically want to put nothing in of my own money and, at least but less if possible, pay the same per month as what I'm paying on my A3...

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried DTD just now and it gave me just under £29k. The folding mirrors are a must for the driveway at the side of the house, and I've got used to the hill hold now on my A3 and it isn't much of an expense.

Carwow gave me that price of £28,715 from Coventry Audi..

Crap, I think that I left the Technology Pack off. Sorry :eek:

Soldato
That's my position also, except replace A3 with B8 A4.

Well if they can pull it off, and they claim they can offer me a deal on my car that isn't on offer to anyone else, yeah right, it's a no brainer for me. I was looking at the top spec Mk5 Mondeo's but they're a bigger car, which I don't really want, and around £24,600 at DTD with not so good spec as the Audi though, the virtual cockpit on that appeases my IT geeky needs plus the interior on the Ford is way way downmarket..

Soldato
Last time I was looking (granted it was A3 Saloon or S3 Saloon) CarWow was the cheapest. I'll have a play with a few specs today and see what I can get it down to.

Are you going for S-Tronic this time?

I basically want to put nothing in of my own money and, at least but less if possible, pay the same per month as what I'm paying on my A3...

Almost what I wanted to do with the TT. Traded in the old one (where I actually owed more on finance then the part ex price - I was 1 year through a 4 year used pcp deal :o ). I only put £1.5k deposit down and the car is costing an extra £130 a month compared to the old. Seemed like a no brainer to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm hoping that my car will have some equity, just over two years into a four year PCP, if there's none I'm not so sure I will have a deal..

It's going to depend on the deposit. Not hard to find out though, you can either call for a settlement figure or just take a guess based on the amount paid so far and the amount left to repay. 2 years into a 4 year is likely to be negative equity unless you had a decent deposit

Soldato
It's going to depend on the deposit. Not hard to find out though, you can either call for a settlement figure or just take a guess based on the amount paid so far and the amount left to repay. 2 years into a 4 year is likely to be negative equity unless you had a decent deposit

Yeah I know, but we will see, it's not going to harm me to keep the A3 for a little while longer until the facelift comes along at the end of the year. However it was Audi who contacted me and said they would show me the same deal that everyone else gets who are on a pcp then show me something special, I've heard that before vicar ;) . So we'll see on the day...

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems pointless to me currently. Pop on the electronic handbrake, set off when needed. Other than automatically applying the handbrake, what does HHA give me?

I guess the same was said about electric windows, central, or auto locking etc. However I cannot see the use with a automatic gearbox either, but then I choose manual boxes, but you know what ther're like over at audi-sport about that kinda thing ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not needed on the s-tronic. Keep your foot on the brake when on a hill and when you release the brake the car will stay still or edge forward (depends on how steep the hill is).

If your going to be sat for more than a few minutes then yeah I'd put it into park and put the electronic hand brake on.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29154068 said:
Automatic handbrake actuation is amazing though. Just touch the button once and the car sorts itself out whenever you stop.

It's the need to push the button at all that gets me. Why is it not just "on" when you start the car, and can be turned OFF with a single push of the button (like the start-stop function can be)?

First time I come to need HHA, I'd have to reach to where the e-handbrake button is anyway? :confused:

Soldato
Only car I've owned with an electronic handbrake- the Pug 508 didnt need this switching on. You got in, pressed the start button, put it in D and drove off. When you parked, the handbrake came on. No buttons needed... I assumed this is how they all worked initially

Back
Top Bottom