Audi owners in here!

You can set off with the parking brake on and it automatically goes off when you put your foot on accelerator. However just putting my car into park on the gearbox doesn't do much. It will still roll back on a hill.

On my dad jag he would just put it into P and it would be fine...never used the actual handbrake.

Yes thats how all electronic handbrakes work, however it doesn't automatically apply the brakes when you stop. The handbrake on the audi though does apply itself if you unbuckle the seatbelt or open the drivers door.
It is also not good to rely on the park pawl inside the gearbox to hold the car stationary especially on a hill as they can break..

I didn't initially see the benefit of hill hold assist on my car given the electronic auto releasing handbrake and s-tronic, but now love just being able to stop and take my foot of the brake no matter how steep the slope and then accelerate away when required even if a minute later (unlike the short term HHA on my previous cars).

As its holds all brakes there's no suspension movement on steep angles either so even an automatic on/off handbrake wouldn't be as good ignoring the speed difference.

Went out for a drive in the sun. Thought I'd take a few better photos of the interior albeit on my phone.

All I can say after a few weeks ownership you really get used to the virtual cockpit. Everything feels very natural and intuitive to me. Photos don't do it justice but it truly is the future in my opinion. It makes all other cars feel ancient. :)

Fit and finish of the interior is amazing, you can tell that they haven't cut corners in terms of quality throughout the whole car.

I love it. :D

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good.

So is there no "normal" screen with the virtual cockpit then? That would be unfortunate.

What do you mean?

You can switch between car, radio/media, telephone and nav. So if it was on DAB radio it would look/function the same as a car with just a DIS...

EDIT: if you mean an additional screen in the middle then no, not on the TT. Not sure if the A4 has an extra pop up screen?

What do you mean?

You can switch between car, radio/media, telephone and nav. So if it was on DAB radio it would look/function the same as a car with just a DIS...

EDIT: if you mean an additional screen in the middle then no, not on the TT. Not sure if the A4 has an extra pop up screen?

I prefer not having the screen in the middle tbh. Stops the passanger thinking they can start messing around with my music.

I prefer not having the screen in the middle tbh. Stops the passanger thinking they can start messing around with my music.

I see what your saying, but I like to have my wife do stuff for me when we're driving. Like pick music for the kids, or put in new nav destinations. Plus my eldest likes looking at the flag on the nav, and can see when we get closer.

I see what your saying, but I like to have my wife do stuff for me when we're driving. Like pick music for the kids, or put in new nav destinations. Plus my eldest likes looking at the flag on the nav, and can see when we get closer.

I guess me being a miserable 22 year old that hates even having other people in the car easily forgets some people have families.

2.0 TFSI, manual, I think it is S-line trim because it has 18" wheels, Multi function flat bottom wheel and Black Headlining, so i assume 20mm lower too.

Then has the following options: Nav Plus, Bose, Telephone prep, Ipod connection, heated seats, leather and alcantara, Light and rain sensor packages and i think it has the upgraded headlights.

Missing rear parking sensors which i may get fitted, depending on how long i keep it.

1 owner car from new, done 40k, full Audi main dealer history and just had the cambelt changed, got it for a total and utter steal (cheaper than buying private).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom