Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Booked my S1 in for a major service. Was quoted £417.71 after a £25 discount which includes the pollen filter (£42 extra).

It's ridiculous that a 3 year old car would only have to pay £309 (excludes the pollen filter), but new cars must pay ~£90 more for the same thing.

/rant

Soldato
It's a big lazy car, with a big lazy engine. These cars are basically designed for automatic boxes. Manual boxes in such cars rarely work well. And more than that, the general buyer of such cars WANT the auto. So even if it was available, they would be much rarer.

The A4 is a different story. Not the big, lazy barge that is the A6. Is your diesel the 2.0 or 3.0? Because a 2.0 diesel is fine with the manual box (although some autos do make them much better). The 3.0 is much better with an auto though.

Man of Honour
Because a manual is less likely to cause grief than an auto.

It's a 2010 3.0TDI, its not a car you buy for Honda style motoring, you might as well get the most out of it and have the right gearbox.

Why would an auto suit a 3.0tdi A6? Genuine question.

It's a large, heavy and torquey estate car. The autobox perfectly suits the engines power delivery and the type of car it is - and makes the horrible power band of the diesel a non-issue.

Associate
Fox has it right, it's 320 stops.

The £100 a tank is going by current prices, if you really want to be picky it's more like £101.xx. (Shell V-Power Nitro+ at £1.13 give or take a penny depending on day of the week)

The vast majority of it's journeys are taking my eldest to Pre-School and back again, I don't get out of single figure mpg there. Going to the shops a couple days a week I might just see double figures, the only time it's guaranteed to see double figure mpg is on the rare occasion we can't use the missus much more economical vehicle for longer journeys out of town.

Soldato
Booked my S1 in for a major service. Was quoted £417.71 after a £25 discount which includes the pollen filter (£42 extra).

It's ridiculous that a 3 year old car would only have to pay £309 (excludes the pollen filter), but new cars must pay ~£90 more for the same thing.

/rant

I emailed the dealership today to ask if I could supply my own oil, and they said yes. Doing this saved me £58.14 :)

Major service - £315.67 (down from £417.71)
6 litres of Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 - £43.90
= £359.57

It's a little bit sickening that they charge £102 for oil that cost me £43.90.

Back
Top Bottom