Audi owners in here!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Because a manual is less likely to cause grief than an auto.

Why would an auto suit a 3.0tdi A6? Genuine question.

I have a B7 A4 diesel and happy for it to be manual.
The C6 3.0TDI manual has less power, presumably because the 'box can't handle the torque (just like the E60 535d was auto only).

6-cylinders should have the auto 'box. Much smoother as a total package.

I went for a manual in my 170 2.0 TDI C6 because I had heard horror stories about the CVT. I don't mind the manual, but I'd have got an auto had I bought a 3.0 for sure.

Soldato
Just dropped my A4 in for MOT, busy day so decided to take a courtesy car, was expecting a poverty spec A1, but got a brand new (like 11 miles on the clock new) A4 2.0 TDI. Pretty sure its only the SE level spec but the interior feels nice and spacious and all the new tech is pretty cool

Soldato
Tiptronic is the conventional torque converter auto - should be well suited to that engine and not a cause for significant concern reliability wise

Soldato
Anyone sniffed around the new A4 yet, I am getting some pretty good discounts, over 16%, already from Audi dealerships which is surprising considering how new they are to the market. Going to test drive a petrol saloon next week and looking at replacing my a3 saloon...

Soldato
Anyone sniffed around the new A4 yet, I am getting some pretty good discounts, over 16%, already from Audi dealerships which is surprising considering how new they are to the market. Going to test drive a petrol saloon next week and looking at replacing my a3 saloon...

I've been driving around in the 2.0 TDI today as a courtesy car. Really liked it. It's nice having drive select, really made a difference to the ride. Interior is really nice too, I've got the sport trim line. There is SO much LED inside...

Now have to try and explain to audi about the mysterious dent that appeared in the rear bumper whilst I was in morrisons... :o

Caporegime
I'm booked in for a back to back test drive of the A3 Saloon and A4 Saloon (driven the A3 before, but wanted to try them in the same timeframe) on Thursday.

I'm still not enamored with the "standard" options though, and adding anything remotely "techy" brings the price right up.

Soldato
Blackhawk's new TT's interior is so, so nice. I fell in love with the Alcantara seats, and the virtual cockpit is just the shizzle.

But the backseats are a token gesture. The front seats touch them, so I cannot imagine what purpose Audi think they serve. Do they do it for classification reasons to bring the car into a lower insurance group or something?

Permabanned
When i had my B8 in 2012, i was surprised by the option prices, i added tech pack high and the B&O/DAB audio upgrade, I think it was £900 or so for the lot. On the new A4 the prices are daft imo.

Ive had a quick drive in the A4, lovely car, it does ride a little better than the B8 and inside its spot on in S-line guise,Exterior is too similar to the outgoing model imo and it still feels a little numb. Had i not required more space, i'd have gone for one, as it looks better than its competition.

Soldato
I've been driving around in the 2.0 TDI today as a courtesy car. Really liked it. It's nice having drive select, really made a difference to the ride. Interior is really nice too, I've got the sport trim line. There is SO much LED inside...

Now have to try and explain to audi about the mysterious dent that appeared in the rear bumper whilst I was in morrisons... :o

Whoops, what extra's did the car have, if you know, and how was the ride?

Been offered this deal:
New A4 2.0T FSI S Line 4dr £30,150
Metallic - Tango red
£645
Additional options

Technology Pack - A4 - £1450.0
Sprint cloth/leather - Black - £0.0
Storage pack - A4 - £175.0
Audi parking system plus - £395.0
Hill hold control - £75.0
Piano black finish inlay - £0.0
Privacy glass - £450.0
Heated windscreen - £400.0
Electric folding door mirrors - £225.0
Audi Virtual Cockpit - 12.3" LCD instrument cluster - £450.0
Finance Offer = £28,715
£5,700 off
16.6% saving
The price is not far off what I paid for my A3 1.4 COD Sline saloon two years ago, oh and manual gearbox of course ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
That same spec is cheaper on DriveTheDeal.com as long as you take Audi Finance (£1000 deposit contribution):

Discount (saving): £5283.55
Discounted Price with options: £27681.45

I'd have to have the B&O sound system and S-Tronic. The options list for the A4 is massive!

Back
Top Bottom