Audi owners in here!

Soldato
But, how ar
It's about where my old 530i would be on A roads, perhaps a fraction higher. Less power but 16 years older with 2 more cylinders and 50% more displacement.

I don't think we've made nearly enough progress for people to start moving from diesel without noticeable fuel cost increases which is a shame.

I assume your 530d was towing a caravan as mine is closer to 50 than 37 on A roads.

Fuel consumption never gets mentioned in the anti diesel narrative. It's quite bizarre.

It's not bad if he has his foot in the carpet doing Mach 10 but if it was a typical drive...

Yea well, they want to push high ethanol/biofuel fuels on us and the MPG is far worse than petrol. But it looks cleaner on paper so the greens like it. More short shortsightedness by government which will come back to bite us later.

Associate
Will be taking delivery of a new A6 Avant BiTDI next week having had a 2.0 Ultra for around 8 months. Old platform I know but it's still my favourite car in its class to look at and the BiTDI engine really is a beaut.

Spec is Black Edition, Misano Red, Tech Pack, Pan Roof and a few more bits and bobs. Pics to follow!

Soldato
my 640d with same engine as the 335d can get 50-57 mpg on a really good run in eco. G30 540i 44mpg? I doubt it.. Maybe 34. I know realistic use of the G30 530i does closer to 44mpg.

I expect the difference in fuel consumption between the 530i and 540i will be similar to the difference between a 520d and the 530/535d which isn't very big in real world use going by the F10 at least which was around 3-4mpg. So if you can manage 44mpg in a 530i I would expect the 540i would be touching the 40s.

Soldato
Looks like my A4 has the dreaded oil consumption problem. Had to put a litre in after only 350 miles and then again after another 300, so taken it in and they have confirmed it's failed their oil consumption test. Booked in for a few weeks time for a week to have the engine stripped and rebuilt, unless the cylinders are damaged in which case - new engine time! I'm told the cost for these are £4k or £12k respectively :eek: so lucky this is now covered by Audi.

Had a lovely 272PS A7 Black Edition as a Courtesy car yesterday, and been promised the same or better for when its in for a week :D

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Looks like my A4 has the dreaded oil consumption problem. Had to put a litre in after only 350 miles and then again after another 300, so taken it in and they have confirmed it's failed their oil consumption test. Booked in for a few weeks time for a week to have the engine stripped and rebuilt, unless the cylinders are damaged in which case - new engine time! I'm told the cost for these are £4k or £12k respectively :eek: so lucky this is now covered by Audi.

Had a lovely 272PS A7 Black Edition as a Courtesy car yesterday, and been promised the same or better for when its in for a week :D
What car do you own?

Caporegime
I expect the difference in fuel consumption between the 530i and 540i will be similar to the difference between a 520d and the 530/535d which isn't very big in real world use going by the F10 at least which was around 3-4mpg. So if you can manage 44mpg in a 530i I would expect the 540i would be touching the 40s.
I doubt that, since BMW's very own quoted figures are c.9mpg different between the two models. If BMW's figures are 9 mpg, I'd imagine that the real world difference is at least as much.

Soldato

Which engined a4, is it new?

Soldato
Hello Audi owners!

We are in the market for a new car which suits family life a bit better (i.e. 4 doors and a good boot). Both my wife and I like the look of the A5 sportback, but I don't know too much about it. Suffice to say that I think an Audi would be a nicer place to be than a Japanese or Korean small SUV (albeit with higher running costs).

Our budget is up to £13,000 (ideally £11,000) which would seem to get us a 2012-13 2.0L model (diesel or petrol). Is there anything in particular which should sway us towards either in terms of reliability? Were there any facelifts that should be taken into account? Are there any essential options to have?

Is the extended warranty worth it? Any pearls of wisdom about the warranty in particular?

Thanks!

Caporegime
Hello Audi owners!

We are in the market for a new car which suits family life a bit better (i.e. 4 doors and a good boot). Both my wife and I like the look of the A5 sportback, but I don't know too much about it. Suffice to say that I think an Audi would be a nicer place to be than a Japanese or Korean small SUV (albeit with higher running costs).

Our budget is up to £13,000 (ideally £11,000) which would seem to get us a 2012-13 2.0L model (diesel or petrol). Is there anything in particular which should sway us towards either in terms of reliability? Were there any facelifts that should be taken into account? Are there any essential options to have?

Is the extended warranty worth it? Any pearls of wisdom about the warranty in particular?

Thanks!

Pay less and get the identical platform/interior A4/A4 Avant.

Facelift for both the A4 and A5 were 2012 and 2011 respectively. You want to ensure that whatever you get has MMI and not just the basic radio system (don't be fooled, they both look similar on the display, but the "proper" system has controls down by the gear lever, rather than on the dashboard and has far more integration with the car systems, better infotainment and navigation).

So I've noticed that the new RS3 configurator is live!

Think there'll be any good deals on this car?

Historically, deals on RS models are few and far between, certainly don't hold out for any dealer/centre deposit contribution schemes. You might find that there are a few "ok" lease deals, but I'd doubt highly that there would be anything particularly stunning deal-wise.

I've looked at the RS3 Saloon, but I just can't justify it right now.

Soldato
Pay less and get the identical platform/interior A4/A4 Avant.

Facelift for both the A4 and A5 were 2012 and 2011 respectively. You want to ensure that whatever you get has MMI and not just the basic radio system (don't be fooled, they both look similar on the display, but the "proper" system has controls down by the gear lever, rather than on the dashboard and has far more integration with the car systems, better infotainment and navigation).

Handy tip, thanks! I'll see if I can get the looks approved by my wife! Plenty of choice for the budget too.

Soldato
So I've noticed that the new RS3 configurator is live!

Think there'll be any good deals on this car?

A few weird anomalies compared to the S3 - you don't appear to be able to spec matrix lights and full leather is mandatory. Wouldn't be happy with either of those restrictions were I in the market for one.

Back
Top Bottom